CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Early Saver price drops and Platinum question. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394300-early-saver-price-drops-platinum-question.html)

tobytovar January 23rd, 2013 01:07 PM

Early Saver price drops and Platinum question.

I always book using the early saver plan that has " price protection" Was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a call from Carnival leeting you know they lowered your price? They say if "Their price drops our price drops" but I have never gotten that call.
ALSO if one cruiser has platinum status and the spouse just gold status in the same cabin ( obviously) do they both get priority boarding? I know it may seem like a silly question but I really would like to know.

Aerogirl January 23rd, 2013 02:10 PM

I always book using ES and from what I understand it's you responsibility to keep watch to see if prices drop. I'm pretty sure your phone will never ring with them telling you it's gone down. Also I always keep an eye on the price and I have never had the price drop on my booking.

wgou812 January 23rd, 2013 04:31 PM

It is your responsibility to call Carnival if you find a lower price. They will send you a form in an email that you fill out stating where you found the lower price and what the price was. When they check it out and find it to be correct, they will adjust your cruise fare if the balance has not been paid in full. If it has been paid in full, they wil give you an onboard credit for the difference amount.

As to your question about priority boarding, both members will get the Platinum priority boarding.

flowers January 23rd, 2013 04:31 PM

Yes, if you check your boarding documents, both will now say priority or whatever the new thing is supposed to say supposedly. Mine did not have anything .. it seems to have gone missing during the changeover from VIP to Priority .. so check for sure when you print it out.

Cruznut2 January 23rd, 2013 05:54 PM

Always call your travel agent and ask. I have gotten great drops and upgrades that way. I wound up on a 7 day cruise once for $320 and that was with my taxes and port charges. I booked insurance seperate from Carnival and got it for $28.00 Pretty nice cruise deal.

Laura

tobytovar January 23rd, 2013 07:37 PM

Thanks to all for your help.

Dwayne January 23rd, 2013 07:44 PM

I also have received price reductions, OBC's, and up-decks with Early Saver. You have to keep a close watch on prices and rates with upgrades like past guest etc.

Here is the form to use.

Carnival Cruise Lines Early Saver Form

tobytovar January 24th, 2013 07:16 PM

Thanks for the form. I really didn't know we had to do the leg work. It's kind of like " Catch us if you can"

krunch January 24th, 2013 09:38 PM

You asked this question at just the right time :D

JUST yesterday I THOUGHT I seen the price drop on our next cruise by over $200! I submitted the claim form (Linked in another post above) but shortly after realized that we had added the $109 price protection (X 2 guests = $218) to our cruise and this difference ended up being the price difference for what I was looking at :mad: oh well...

BUT Carnival did reply with a link that makes it MUCH easier to check the current rate on your booked cruise! See below, all you need to know is the category of your room.

Krunch

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

cantwait4cruise January 25th, 2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobytovar (Post 1462342)
I always book using the early saver plan that has " price protection" Was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a call from Carnival leeting you know they lowered your price? They say if "Their price drops our price drops" but I have never gotten that call.
ALSO if one cruiser has platinum status and the spouse just gold status in the same cabin ( obviously) do they both get priority boarding? I know it may seem like a silly question but I really would like to know.

I don't know that they would call. I have an alert set up on like priceline, so when the price drops then I go to carnival and check the price, then fill out the early saver request form, I booked in october I think and my cruise isn't until september and already saved 10 a piece off of our booking, so good luck

tobytovar January 26th, 2013 08:39 PM

Will Carnival allow special promotion sites like Cheap Cruises, Priceline, ETC... for the price reduction allowance?

flowers January 28th, 2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobytovar (Post 1462642)
Will Carnival allow special promotion sites like Cheap Cruises, Priceline, ETC... for the price reduction allowance?

Carnival does not allow any travel agent to advertise lower prices in public.

If you are seeing lower prices without having to get them via phone or email, then the prices are no different than what Carnival offers.

Some TAs are undercutting privately, but they cannot advertise those prices.

tobytovar February 3rd, 2013 08:41 PM

Thanks for that. Can you tell me how to set up Google alerts to notify me of price drops. I have read something about that helping.

flowers February 3rd, 2013 10:59 PM

I tried this site back when it was free, not sure it is still free

(removed)

I got rid of it. Maybe my computer is too old, but it was scanning when I would be playing a game and suck up my ram on my desktop. I also can do a better job of scanning on my own where I can look at prices above mine. You can put in other rates .. lets say you are in a 4B .. and put in 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 6A etc (in case there is a sale with a free upgrade, you would want to put in categories above yous, plus yours might sell out) .. but that means it is scanning that much more. You set it to how often you want to scan .. but it still was scanning when I wanted to do other things. It just was not for me. I prefer to scan prices on my own. If you put in lots of cabin categories and are like me with lots of cruises.. it was scanning a lot, too much.

I dont know how many other sites like that there are now .. I got rid of all the links I had like that when I reformatted my computer recently. I just remember that one off the top of my head.

I just saw the post below mine.. so my post might be removed. Mods sorry if its not allowed .. just remove this post. I was just giving a example of why its better to do it yourself.

big apple February 3rd, 2013 11:00 PM

there are sites out there which will tell you when the price drops on any catagory however am not able to post as they will not allow.

tobytovar February 4th, 2013 06:15 PM

Thanks for trying. It was removed. Again I state it's like " Catch us if you can".
Big Brother moderators are watching to stop us from finding a better price. It's a shame the world's largest cruise corporation resorts to this.

krunch February 4th, 2013 07:34 PM

The link I posted above is still there and was offered to me directly from Carnival.

Krunch

tobytovar February 4th, 2013 09:53 PM

Thanks so much for that. It was still there.Just overlooked the site.
Appreciate the help.