Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Transportation from Houston hotel to Port Galveston

I know this has been covered in the past but I'm still looking for a shuttle/limo that would pick us up at a Hobby airport area hotel and take us to the Galveston port. There will be 5 in our party. We have been quoted $350 by one company and that just seems like a lot for round trip but maybe it is not and that is the going price. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Just google "Houston limo services" and I will bet that is a very common request. Not sure why you need a limo - why not a van, or two taxis. It would be way less, I am sure.

Usually in the taxi line at any airport you can request a van and the taxi coordinator will call one up from the lot where taxis wait.
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Paul has given you good advice. I looked into cruising out of Galveston and Goggled and many companies were listed....I called a few of them the best rate I got was $100. each way plus tips. from Hobby to port for two private car.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to geekyvegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresehand View Post
I know this has been covered in the past but I'm still looking for a shuttle/limo that would pick us up at a Hobby airport area hotel and take us to the Galveston port. There will be 5 in our party. We have been quoted $350 by one company and that just seems like a lot for round trip but maybe it is not and that is the going price. Thank you.
Wow, $350?? I know I can leave my place and drive to Galveston in a half hour or hobby within a half hour... so that price feels a bit steep.

I just looked at SuperShuttle Online Reservations - LAX SFO DIA PHX BWI DFW TPA JFK JAX CDG IAD SAN DCA SMF MCI IAH LGA MSP EWR AUS SNA HOU BUR DAL OAK ONT LGB SJC ISP PTP PIE ORY MIA MCO Airport and got quoted $125 plus $5 fuel surcharge for up to 10 passengers from Hobby to the Galveston cruise terminal... not positive, but I think that's round trip!

Since you only need to transport five people, seems you could find another family on here with similar arrival/departure times and split the costs.

I found other useful-looking information here: Fly2Houston - Houston Airport System