Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Don't know if any of you saw ABC's 20/20 last night - Troubled Waters"... but it was THE WORST reporting ever!

A totally warped look at pretty much every negative comment ever on the cruise industry.

I was incensed... as you'll be able to tell in the Blog that I've written for this week (Wed.)

You know I originally wrote a two paragraph response to the segment but just thought I was stooping to their level by typing all that I typed. But you pretty much summed up my response in your post. My one question is that unlike the Splendor incident where we heard so much about JH keeping the passengers updated I have not heard anything about the CD on this ship keeping people updated. I believe the Schedule says it's Jorge.
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Don't know if any of you saw ABC's 20/20 last night - Troubled Waters"... but it was THE WORST reporting ever!

Yes, it was pretty bad. Since ABC is owned by a company thah also owns some cruise ships, I'm surprized that they came up with such malicious things to say about the cruise lines.

It was stupid as far as I am concerned.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau222 View Post
You know I originally wrote a two paragraph response to the segment but just thought I was stooping to their level by typing all that I typed. But you pretty much summed up my response in your post. My one question is that unlike the Splendor incident where we heard so much about JH keeping the passengers updated I have not heard anything about the CD on this ship keeping people updated. I believe the Schedule says it's Jorge.
I just watched a YouTube Post that showed Jen as the CD.
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau222 View Post
You can see in our latest article that it was Jen... I did not see the 20/20 piece but I will look it up now.

Here is our article: http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...iew-130216.cfm

Manuel - Very Good point about ABC and Disney, and it isn't as if Disney is without problems. The line had the disappearance of Rebecca Coriam last year. Probably a suicide, but still...
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
The Judge on FOX (Judge Jeanine (sp), trying to remember her name, is having a show tonight about this "nightmare" and "all cruisers are left with is a future cruise voucher" has been the advertising all day.

I heard a girl say they had free beers one day and she thought that had been a bad idea because so many got drunk and then there were rumors the drunks were going into wrong cabins and robbing people. Just goes to show let no good deed go unpunished.
That would explain why they cut the alcohol off - I knew there was a reason. I said to someone several days ago "I suspect that when all is said and done what we will find out is that any problems were caused by bad guests, not a bad cruise line."
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:24 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

CCL/John Heald did SUCH a good job reporting the play by play, through blogs and overcommunicating, during the Splendor incident.

It absolutely OVERSHADOWED anything and everything the media was trying to portray when the ship returned to port.

Why CCL didn't take that process RIGHT FROM THEIR OWN PLAYBOOK escapes me, right down to the previous town cryer actually walking away from his Facebook page. What would have been less interesting that Jen the Baxter channelling the events of the day through the master of gentlemen sausages and skid marks.

And then, even as some communication was coming from CCL spokemen, twice seeing Terry Thorton shoved away from the mic when the question must have gotten too close to home. What was wrong with, "We have no comment at this time", and move on.

In any case, the one question on my mind remains. What made the fire and the fire suppression take out the power in the ship?
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I did hear something on the news last night about a fuel leak that caused the fire.. As to why all the power outage, haven't heard that?

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Captain

Is it possibly a standard protocol for fire supression? I'm not sure what the contents of the firesupression are, but is there a chance they conduct electricity? Hence, potentially causing additional electrical fires?

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006