CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Gerry Cahill's letter to ALL Carnival past guests (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394727-gerry-cahills-letter-all-carnival-past-guests.html)

Snoozeman February 18th, 2013 10:09 PM

Gerry Cahill's letter to ALL Carnival past guests

February 18, 2013

Dear Carnival Past Guest,

We realize many of you have been following last week's events on the Carnival Triumph and I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some information. Additionally, I wanted to thank many of you who have taken the time to write to me personally to express your support.

Let me begin by saying that all of us at Carnival deeply regret the hardship our guests had to face during their days on board the ship. Our number one concern was to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests and crew and to get them home as soon as possible. Our shipboard and shore side teams worked tirelessly to take care of them and minimize their discomfort and inconvenience. We also focused on making sure their loved ones had a direct link to our Family Support Center where they could obtain round the clock information on their family and friends on board.

Now that all the guests are safely home, our efforts are firmly focused on the ongoing investigation into the root cause of the fire and what measures we can take to ensure this does not happen again. These efforts are taking place in collaboration with the U.S. Coast Guard, the National Transportation Safety Board, the Bahamian Flag Authority and other independent parties. We know, however, that preliminary investigations indicate the cause of the fire was the result of a leak in the fuel return line for the number 6 diesel generator.

The safety and security of our guests remains of the utmost importance to all of us here at Carnival. All our ships are safe and secure. All of them meet, and in many areas exceed, all regulatory standards. I promise we will continue to investigate in order to understand what took place and to learn what steps we can take to improve going forward.

During the past week, so many of you have written letters, emailed, posted on Facebook or tweeted to show your support for all of us here at Carnival during this difficult time. Your thoughtful comments and words of support are so greatly appreciated. Thank you. It has really meant a lot to us.

We know you can choose from a vast variety of vacation options and that you expect a fantastic vacation from us. We are very sorry that this time we did not deliver. I want to personally acknowledge how much we appreciate and value that you have chosen to spend your vacation time with us at Carnival in the past. We hope you will continue to do so in the future and are committed to doing everything we can to provide you with a fun and memorable vacation experience.

Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,

Gerry Cahill

Kuki February 18th, 2013 10:38 PM

Gee, I'm Platinum on Carnival and I didn't get any letter. :(

MrPete February 19th, 2013 06:11 AM

Mine came last night at 8:45

ruthlessboss February 19th, 2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1464974)
Gee, I'm Platinum on Carnival and I didn't get any letter. :(

I received one also, I'm a one step away platinum.

green_rd February 19th, 2013 08:19 AM

No letter for me either - maybe they are focusing on Texas cruisers?

BrwnEyedGirl February 19th, 2013 04:30 PM

Hmmm, I didn't get one either and I was on the Splendor when it caught fire.

Trip February 19th, 2013 06:50 PM

Maybe I should check my spam!

HawkeyeFLA February 20th, 2013 12:17 PM

Hmmm, nothing from Gary ... but Kiki a PVP is always quick to call and email me after I've browsed Carnival.com for a bit looking at prices.

ship2shore February 20th, 2013 12:49 PM

A PVP is blowing up my phone too... and I have NOT visited their website
(Just cruised them four times in the last four years... maybe they are worried about sales lately)

Paul Motter February 20th, 2013 01:42 PM

It is hard to say who got the letter - maybe you have to be opted in get their weekly deals.

It is good they are saying something, but in fact there has been a virtual blackout of comments from carnival other than these official letters from Cahill.

They are not offering any one on one interviews for example. I think they should, personally, but I think they are just waiting for the whole affair to die down.

Had they known CNN was going to make it the "daily special" I think they might have taken a different approach, but they didn't know.

CDrescher March 4th, 2013 07:53 AM

Not sure but would bet that a big reason for Carnival not offering more info/statements. Could be that anything they do say right now will be spun negativly or used in the upcoming lawsuits, by gready lawyers looking to make themselfs a quick buck.

Lakers Fan March 4th, 2013 10:12 AM

No letter to me either

Snoozeman March 4th, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDrescher (Post 1466262)
Not sure but would bet that a big reason for Carnival not offering more info/statements. Could be that anything they do say right now will be spun negativly or used in the upcoming lawsuits, by gready lawyers looking to make themselfs a quick buck.

Could be part of it, but seems to me that Carnival just chooses to be quiet about it hoping that it will soon fall out of the news cycle and become just a passing thought. A "that's in the past" we've moved on mentality. And truthfully, it seems to work for them.

Aerogirl March 4th, 2013 10:36 AM

I received one two weeks ago.

heron March 4th, 2013 11:35 AM

no letter for me.

JoeMo March 4th, 2013 07:48 PM

Platinum for a long time, no letter, BUT, I am not on the e-mail / promotions list.
I never get to comment on a cruise because they send them by e-mail now.

shipmate March 4th, 2013 09:33 PM

We're Platinum as well and have a cruise booked for this September. Haven't received any letters, emails or anything else.

Discount would be nice.