Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool How to get to sea world or aquatica from port canaveral?

Hi everyone! I'm a first time cruiser, and leaving for a carnival cruise in 3 days! We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do when we dock at the longest port in florida. Port canaveral I guess it's called. I know orlando is a hour each way, so I wanna do sea world or aquatica. My question is how do I get there? Do they have shuttles or buses? If so do you know a price range? is there a rental car place at the port?
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Captain

Port Canaveral is on the East coast of Florida. Sea World is near the port of Tampa on the Gulf side, the west coast of Florida. As you know the other is in Orlando. I am not aware of any busses going back and forth. There are some private shuttles from the airport you could hire, but I dont know if you can get them to drop you off other places.

There are rental cars at the port. Are you flying in or how are you getting to the port in the first place? If you are flying in .. arent you flying into Orlando?

Rental cars would be your cheapest option. Id say your one hour option is using the toll roads only and to the closest part of Orlando .. not going to the far western area like where Disney is. I would plan on more than one hour each way, plus time for parking and all. In fact Id stay a night in Orlando if I wanted to do something in Orlando and then make my way to the East Coast. I dont think Id spend the time driving from Port Canaveral to the west coast of florida and then all the way back in the same day, plus sea world. I prefer busch gardens over there myself, but thats me. Sea world isnt worth that much of a drive .. been there in Florida already.

Good luck whichever your choice. How many in your party .. more people cheaper shuttle price. I dont have a flat pp price, but a shuttle could easily run you $100.

As someone who lived in S. Florida, these are just my opinions. And that a rental car would be your cheapest option to get exactly where you want.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Sea World is not near Tampa, might be Busch Gardens being thought of.

Either way, you'd be spending a lot of money for the short time at Sea World. Perhaps if you gave us more info about the actual times you'd be at Canaveral.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Go online right now and reserve a car. I used Enterprise the last time we were there, and you can get a car for as low as $60. for the day. They will shuttle you to and from their office to the pier. That said, it is a straight run from the port to the Orlando attractions / Sea World/ Aquatica on Florida Rt. 528. It is a toll road. You'll go thru 3 or 4 toll plazas. Take it all the way to exit 1, which is International Drive, and follow the signs to Sea World / Aquatica. Allow yourself an hour each way, though it usually takes me about 45 minutes. Also allow for an extra 45 minutes on the back end to drop the car off and be shuttled back to the ship.

Have a GREAT cruise!!
Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas

Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Captain

You are right.. Sea World is in the west side of Orlando area .. I went to all those places and Universal all about the same time.

Im still thinking its a long distance to travel to go to Sea World and not do anything else in the area .. depending on as you say how long the OP will be at Port Canaveral.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You can do it - I am sure Carnival even has shore excursion available onboard so you can just take their tour.

Renting a car is usually the cheapest bet - but more time intensive.

I do not know your interests - but I ALWAYS highly recommedn a visit to the Kennedy Space Center near Port Canaveral instead of going all the way to Orlando. It may be boring for kids, but for grownups it is amazing - you can tour the whole area. See my article on it here:

Kennedy Space Center
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
You can do it - I am sure Carnival even has shore excursion available onboard so you can just take their tour.

Renting a car is usually the cheapest bet - but more time intensive.
Absolutely true. If the OP it truly set on going to Sea World, here is the math for a family of 4.
Car rental (60.00 +tax) + Sea World admission (web price 79.00 + tax x 4 =316.00) Total of 376.00 + tax.

Carnival excursion for Sea World is 140.99 x 4 = 563.96.

No Brainer IMHO.
Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas