Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Default Ding Room meals vs Lido Deck meals

I'm I correct that the evening meal on the Lido Buffet is the same as what the DR serves? Someone told me this and I was wondering. The reason why: we are currently in the process of moving from Florida (near cruise ports) to Virginia (not so near to cruise ports) and will now have to fly vs driving to our cruises. With all the baggage restrictions/regulations/costs we need to cut down on what we pack. And maybe elegant nights in the MDR won't be on our schedule since we won't be packing formal stuff. Anyway any help here is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Captain

I can only speak for my experience on Carnival, but the Lido selections were very, very limited, with SOME of the dining room menu offered in the buffet. The Deli and Pizzeria are also open, but everything else, including the Grill, are closed. Room service is also very limited.

Norwegian had more Lido options than Carnival at dinner time when I cruised them two years ago.

I understand (could be wrong) that on some other lines (Princess?), you can get the full dining room menu for room service during dinner hours. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:44 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
I'm I correct that the evening meal on the Lido Buffet is the same as what the DR serves? Someone told me this and I was wondering. The reason why: we are currently in the process of moving from Florida (near cruise ports) to Virginia (not so near to cruise ports) and will now have to fly vs driving to our cruises. With all the baggage restrictions/regulations/costs we need to cut down on what we pack. And maybe elegant nights in the MDR won't be on our schedule since we won't be packing formal stuff. Anyway any help here is appreciated.
so you are basically not bringing any long pants?

All that is required for "ELEGANT" night is slacks and shirt.

Many wear khakis and polo on elegant night.

Bill
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.Oceanlover View Post
so you are basically not bringing any long pants?

All that is required for "ELEGANT" night is slacks and shirt.

Many wear khakis and polo on elegant night.

Bill
Well not that casual. However, I do feel elegant night is what it is for a purpose and since I can't bring my Tux I'll skip MDR that night. No flaming here. To each his own.
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
They are not the same though they may have some of the same entrees. On my Glory cruise in January the prime rib in the buffet was far superior than the limp, 1/4" slice I was served in the dining room.

You do not need to pack a suit for "Elegant Night". A long sleeve shirt and long pants is all you need and you will not look out of place.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The elegant is "cruise"elegant or cruise"formal" they know its hard to iron there some wear tuxes mostly NAVY vets from what I saw I'm an army vet I wore slacks and nice button up no sport coat alot were well underdressed!
The lido is like GOLDEN CORRAL even if you eat on lido there's resturants forward of there and the deck is filled with elegant dressed people some you would think its a red carpet event or prom and they rent tux onboard at the in formal
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Captain

Pyro Dude... heres a bunch of periods and commas,,,,,,,.......

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We do not need a grammar or English teacher, I'm on my iPhone and wanted to get him his info.
.,?!;:@&$"-
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Captain

So were talkin fone then.

"Chill"..... "Joke"