CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   I'm new and thank you to everyone here! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394820-im-new-thank-you-everyone-here.html)

MamaE February 25th, 2013 02:39 PM

I'm new and thank you to everyone here!

We have just booked our first cruise (Carnival Dream--7 nts Eastern Caribbean) and I just wanted to come here and say thank you! I have been reading your message boards and have learned so much! I feel like there's still a lot to learn so I'm going to be living vicariously through these threads until June!!

It will be me, my DH, and my 2 teens, we're getting side by side rooms.
OK, now I'm off to read some more!!
Thanks again!

Aerogirl February 25th, 2013 02:43 PM

Welcome aboard MamaE !
You have found the best group of people here on this site.

Lakers Fan February 25th, 2013 02:58 PM

Welcome to the best internet cruise board.

Trip February 25th, 2013 03:59 PM

MamaE welcome to our cruise corner of the world! It's so nice to hear how our community helped you on your search for information, and, we hope to continue to help along the way,...this is the "Cruisers Waiting Room."

Let us know what ports you will visit,and we can offer you some more info.

Manuel February 25th, 2013 04:22 PM

MamaE, it's nice to have you on Cruisemates.

We do have a lot of experienced cruisers here and we are a friendly group.

TM

MamaE February 25th, 2013 08:12 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Our ports are Nassau, St Maarten, and St Thomas.

Now how do I get through the next months????

Trip February 25th, 2013 08:18 PM

You can watch the ship arrive and leave the ports, with this link:
Ft Lauderdale Webcam - A Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Web Cam this is a fun site..put it on full screen and the ships feel ike they are sailing right at you!

And....we will help you along the way, anyway we can

Donna February 25th, 2013 08:31 PM

Welcome aboard Mama,
Have you looked at any excursions yet....you can start reading through them between now and then. If there are some you really want to do, in a few months, you can pre-book them. I do however, recommend visiting Atlantis in Paradise Island when in Nassau, the tour is something to see and along with the hotel and some of the grounds, makes for a nice few hours...

Feel free to ask all your questions you may come up with...

seadog2 February 26th, 2013 11:49 AM

Welcome MamaE, it's cool to have you here with us on Cruisemates. You booked your first cruise, looking at excursions, going with the family all very good. Now you ask how do you get through the next few months well my best answer is, one second at a time. Fortunately June is not that far off. Enjoy your cruise.

MamaE February 26th, 2013 12:09 PM

Welp, everything is suffering because of this upcoming cruise and this site!
My housekeeping.
My lesson planning.
My shower (yes, it's 12:00 and no, I haven't showered yet).

I'm slightly obsessed with reading up on this ship, the activities, the ports and excursions, and.... YouTube!

This is how I used to be with planning our Disney vacations. We've been to Disney World every year for 22 years now. I can plan it in my sleep, but I still get excited doing it! This year we decided to try something different, and boy did we pick the right thing! We are all very excited!!

I looked at my daughter's Pinterest page earlier, her whole page is pinned with St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau, and vacation clothes!! LOL!!
rofl

briguy February 26th, 2013 07:37 PM

I'm excited for you. I myself am going on the Breeze this Saturday and after 7 long months of waiting it is finally here. I, like you, have looked at every Breeze video I could find and memorized as much as I could. Im sure it will still blow me away. Nothing is more exciting than your first steps on the ship. Savor the anticipation. Its the next best thing to being there!

Cruznut2 February 27th, 2013 09:29 AM

Welcome MamaE This is the BEST cruise website on the internet. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. I am sure you will enjoy getting to know us.

Laura