CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Question about casual dining on the Dream (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394841-question-about-casual-dining-dream.html)

MamaE February 27th, 2013 08:19 AM

Question about casual dining on the Dream

I've used the search feature and there's a lot regarding dishes and quality and such, but I couldn't find anything regarding the hours of the casual dining places aboard the Dream.

Are the casual places open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? The only thread I could find actually was a gripe about the pasta bar, the burrito bar, and Wasabi not being opened for a late lunch! I found that really hard to believe, also, that thread had no replies, which reinforced what I was thinking.

Do they keep regular hours?
Thank you everyone!

skymaster February 27th, 2013 09:12 AM

Just grabbed one of my "FunTimes" from my last "Dream" cruise, and this particular info is from a sea day.

Deli 11AM - 11PM
Lanai Bar B Q 12PM - 2:30PM
Italian 12PM - 2:30PM
Chocolate Extravaganza 12PM - 2:30PM
Mongolian 12PM - 2:30PM
Burrito Bar 12PM - 2:30PM
Pasta Bar 12PM - 2:30PM
Tandoor Station 12PM - 2:30PM
The Grill 12PM - 6PM
Tea Time in the Crimson Dining Room 3PM - 4PM

Hope this helps.

"SKY"

Paul Motter February 27th, 2013 11:16 AM

There you go - you can't get any better information than that.

The point is that it can vary day to day - then tend to open them when they think people will be hungry (of course that is no guarantee for it will be open when YOU are hungry, but they try).

For example - if they arrive in port at 7:00 they may open up coffee and breakfast an hour earlier. If they LEAVE a port at 3:00 pm and many people got back to the ship after lunch, they may open the special food places at 3:00 - to make sure the people just arriving can eat.

MamaE February 27th, 2013 12:16 PM

Thank you! Both answers are very helpful. I feel like such a rookie, there's a lot to learn for this first time cruiser!

If it were just my dh and myself, I would relax and go with it, whatever happens, happens! But throw my kiddos into the mix and I find myself wanting to learn all I can ahead of time. My daughter will be fine no matter what, my son, however, is special needs and does pretty well in most situations, in fact he LOVES traveling and videotaping his vacations! He will no doubt be putting this trip on YouTube, LOL!! As long as he's fed, and he likes the food, the trip will be fantastic, that's kinda why I'm looking so much into the children's choices.

Thanks again you very knowledgable group of folks!!!!

Paul Motter February 27th, 2013 12:24 PM

I am SURE your son will enjoy the Carnival food choices - free soft ice cream all the time! (as long as the crewmembers remember to put in the formula); The Mongolian Barbecue, the NY-style Deli, the hamburgers, the fries, the Mexican food. He will have the time of his life.

And don't forget free room service.

ship2shore February 27th, 2013 01:00 PM

How old are your kids? Maybe I can provide you with info on the Camp Carnival stuff.

MamaE February 27th, 2013 01:14 PM

Thank you!
They will be 16 (my daughter) and 13 (my son).

My daughter will more than likely love to meet up with teens her age!!
My son.... wellllll, I'm not so sure. He prefers the company of adults, as strange as that sounds. I'm going to show him the kids clubs and hopefully he'll want to partake, but more than likely not. With him he's the happiest videotaping every nook and cranny, documenting the elevators (he's taped something like 43 elevators and escalators on youTube, it's his quirk), and swimming. But if you have any tips I'd love to hear them!!!!
Thank you!