Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Triumph Refunds

We have been getting the same run around that it seems everyone is getting. We were told by our travel agent as soon our March cruise was canceled. Carnival never contacted us.

I did call Carnival that day (13 days ago) asking about a refund for the cruise and the flight. The Carnival rep told us that we needed to send the airfare receipts to our travel agent. We did. Then our travel agent got on the phone with Carnival and was told that we needed to send the receipts to Carnival at a specific email and that refunds would be processed within 7 to 10 days of us sending the email. Two days after we sent the email we got a reply saying that we sent the email to the wrong address and that we would have to forward it to another Carnival department. Why that Carnival rep couldn't just forward the email...I donít know.

After we forwarded the email with airfare receipts to the second Carnival email we got a reply saying they would contact us in 7 to 10 days. Today was day 11. So I got on the phone with Carnival. Waited on hold 15 mins to talk with someone. I was transferred to five different people before I was told I was going to be transferred to Guest Administration. Then I was disconnected. I called back...waited on hold again. I was transferred to two different people before being finally transferred to Guest Admin. This is where I was told that refunds on flights would take more than a month to process. Further...they had no record of the previous emails that I had sent and that they would just begin to process my flight refund now. I forwarded the rep the email reply that Carnival had sent me acknowledging receiving my email...but that doesn't seem to matter.

I am not upset that the cruise was canceled...these things happen. Two weeks ago I would have been happy to get on a Carnival cruise again. But Carnival's nonstop lying and lazy approach to refunds tells me "never again." Anyone else getting the same runaround from Carnival?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Captain

Why not dispute the charges on your credit card?

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to CDrescher

Why the runaround not sure. Have heard that refunds for flights are taking a bit longer then anyone, including Carinval would like. THe main reason being people who are getting credirt from the airline for a future flight instead of cash, wanting Carnival to pay them cash on top of the credit. Plus there have been ones who have booked another cruise with Carnival for the same time period. Who now want Carnival to refund their change fees, which Carnival has gladly done, but also to upgrade their flight from coach to first class. As is the case more then not, what should be a simple and easy procudre, becomes a mess for everyone, because a select few try to make a profit from someone elses tradigy.
2010 Carnival Spirit Mexican Rivera
2012 Carnival Freedom Exotic W. Caribbein

Carnival Freedom
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Refunds under normal circumstances take 7-10 BUSINESS days. I can see it taking a bit longer.

I just last week received a pmt from Holland America that was due in October '12. It happens sometimes.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship2shore View Post
Why not dispute the charges on your credit card?
You can only dispute a charge with the merchant who billed you. In this case the OP wants a refund from a 3rd party, Carnival, not from the airline.

OP has no basis for a dispute with the airline itself.

I was just on Conquest with a couple whose cruise on Triumph was cancelled and it sounded to me like they got their airline and cruise refund already. (and applied it to Conquest). So, not everyone is upset.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrescher View Post
Why the runaround not sure. Have heard that refunds for flights are taking a bit longer then anyone, including Carinval would like. THe main reason being people who are getting credirt from the airline for a future flight instead of cash, wanting Carnival to pay them cash on top of the credit. Plus there have been ones who have booked another cruise with Carnival for the same time period. Who now want Carnival to refund their change fees, which Carnival has gladly done, but also to upgrade their flight from coach to first class. As is the case more then not, what should be a simple and easy procudre, becomes a mess for everyone, because a select few try to make a profit from someone elses tradigy.
Certainly seems to be a number of attempts at double dipping and making a profit. Carnival's generous offer was not so people could make a profit.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Admiral

I just wanted to point out that there is a reason Carnival never contacted you...

you have a travel agent.

The Travel Agent is your legal representative and Carnival can not discuss your cruise with you...only with the representative that is paid a commission (just like a real estate agent) to handle your cruise.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND