Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Familiar Face

Question Serenity Deck on Ecstasy

I went to Mexico with family on the Fantasy in March 2009 and the Serenity deck was all but useless to me. When we went in the afternoon to take advantage of the empty chairs and hot tubs, we were told by staff that the deck was closed for the day, and there was no evening access allowed. At that time, our documentation for the cruise didn't mention anything about it being restricted to morning and early afternoon hours.

In a couple of weeks, my sister and I will be sailing on the Ecstasy.

I'm wondering, are guests forbidden access on that ship too, after the sunbathing hours have passed? It would be nice to sit there and just relax. . I haven't seen any documentation to the contrary yet, but you know how that goes.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Admiral

I've sailed "Ecstasy" twice in the last couple of months, and I NEVER saw the Serenity Deck closed, at any time! I did see one, or the other of the hot tubs closed for cleaning/maintenance from time to time, but other than that everything back there was open at all times aboard "Ecstasy". By the way,,,,GREAT ship with a truly outstanding crew. You're gonna have a fantastic time aboard "Ecstasy". (I'm thinking about doing it again myself!)

"SKY"
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Familiar Face

It did kind of throw us for a loop that both hot tubs were closed and so were the deck chairs. The place looked spotless already. Seems like it was some think like ten minutes of six when we got in one hot tub, and staff came to tell us we would have to leave the deck because it was already closed for the day. No special maintenance or anything. She got downright snippy about us taking advantage of the last ten minutes before she claimed it was supposed to be closed.

I don't know what was up with that, but I never attempted to go to that deck again.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarie View Post
some think.

Lol something.

Anyway, after being told we couldn't go there after six pm ever, we figured there was no point in trying again. We're not the obnoxious tourist types, anyway. Didn't want to be a problem. Just wanted to get in a hot tub and relax for the first and only time on the cruise.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Admiral

No worries Val. You won't have that problem aboard "Ecstasy". Say "HELLO" to all the great staff aboard that ship for me. From the Captain right on down to the folks who sweep the carpet, they're GREAT!

"SKY"
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Familiar Face

I'm glad to hear that. We booked this cruise with only a 16 day lead time, and me being amateur travel agent, handling everything. It will be nice to relax, for a change.
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Smooth cruise on Ecstasy :)

We didn't have any problems using the Serenity Deck. We even got to use it after dark and were able to use the hot tub as well. So what happened on the previous cruise was apparently just a one time problem. The times posted said that the deck closed at 11 pm, which was great. It was nice to relax for a little while with no kids or teens running around, though some of the 21-up college kids, I hear, were sometimes ugly to others there, regarding their lifestyles.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Admiral

EXCELLENT! See, I told you so! So happy it worked out for you, and as I said, we've done "Ecstasy" twice very recently, and had truly outstanding cruises both times. I don't hesitate to recommend that ship, and cruise, to anybody.
Time to book again!

"SKY"