Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default If only 2 of the 4 of us do the excursion...

My daughter and I would really like to do one of the parasailing shore excursions (Eastern Caribbean---Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten on the Dream) but my husband and son wouldn't be doing it. Would they be allowed to be on the parasailing boat with us-- to watch us, take video, etc, or do you think they'd not be allowed?
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would bet, they would not be allowed on the boat without paying for the excursion...May-be there could be some place on shore they could get some good shots??

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Admiral

If you are asking can they get a free boat ride, I doubt it. If they pay for the exursion, I don't know why not. Also, some excursions might have an observers rate, but unlikely to be available through a cruise line.

Maybe you could arrange a private tour?
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you for the answers. I really wasn't looking for a free boat ride for them. I wouldn't do that. My son is autistic and loves to watch and be a part of the action, but he couldn't do the actual activity himself. My daughter wants me to go up with her because she's only 15, so my husband said he'd gladly stay with our son, Jacob, so I could enjoy it with her.

We're gladly paying $5000 for this vacation, a "free boat ride" wasn't even on my radar. We just want to enjoy the activity, all of us together, but two of us aren't able to partake. I wish it was different, trust me I really do, but it's not.

Donna thank you for your answer, I do appreciate it. Zydecocruiser, I have really admired your work online, your photos are beautiful, but I assure you I am not looking to take advantage of anyone, especially for a free boat ride. That's not in my character at all.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Thank you.

Sorry. It just seems like more and more people are looking to get something for nothing and I read too much into your original post.

Worst case, if you do pay full price, nobody is going to force everyone or anyone to parasail. I'm sure people change their minds once on the boat and do end up with just a boat ride.

The cruise ship might work with you on a reduced price, but I'm not sure they have ticket options like that. If the ship won't or can't, personally I might try to make a deal with a local operator.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Admiral

I'd look into private operators, probably in St. Thomas. Be sure they are set up for doubles, and as suggested they may have an observer rate or be able to tell you where you son and husband can get the best views.

For a long time Carnival didn't offer parasailing.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Captain

Normally there is a group taken out parasailing with everyone getting a turn. Your husband could wait till you are done then take a turn himself!

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you for the answers, I do appreciate them. And thanks also for the idea of having my husband take a turn at the end, I had not thought of that. I think he would like it as well, we're just so used to "tag-teaming." With most all of our activities, we take turns doing things, or going places, with our daughter so she doesn't miss out. The things and places we can all do together we do, unfortunately that's not a whole lot. My son is REALLY looking forward to this cruise, he has been on YouTube a LOT lately, he has looked at all the videos of the ship itself, he has watched videos of our ports, he is so excited!! Strangely enough, he can ride all the roller coasters and rides at Disney World and Universal Studios, but the idea of parasailing is too much for him, no matter how many times we explain it's calmer than Expedition Everest at Disney! He's watched several videos of it also, but nope. His mind is made up. That's OK, we want him to enjoy his vacation as well.

Thanks again.