Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to dcgowens
Default ASAP: Shore Excursion Advice PLEASE

Hi! We are going on the Spring Break cruise out of Galveston leaving this Saturday. This is a last minute trip & I am panicking because we have no excursions booked & we are sailing to locations we have never been before. We are going to Key West, Florida, Nassau, & Freeport! I usually like to book excursions outside of Carnival & find better deals! We are traveling w/4 adults, a 11 year old, & a 7 year old! Any tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!
Ecstasy - December 2006
Ecstasy - December 2007
Conquest - December 2008
Ecstasy - December 2010
Magic - December 2011
Magic - August 2012
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Familiar Face

For Nassau, the kiddos might enjoy the Pirates of Nassau, it's inexpensive and from what I've read within walking distance of the port. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore than that, I hope you have a great cruise though!!

First Time Cruiser... Summer 2013... Carnival Dream to the Eastern Caribbean.
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Captain

I liked Key West best and walked my feet off, but with kids you might need to pay for the hop on hop off bus. I walked to the library and got 30 minutes of free internet after paying a high price at a coffee shop first. If no one is waiting you can keep on using the internet free at the library. Then I walked to the Southernmost Rock. This is the most southern point in the contiguous U.S. (not including Hawaii) and a picture op. Then on my way back to the ship I did a church and some other landmarks along the way, then I got to Hemingways House. This is kind of expensive for a tour, but you can step into the yard and if you are lucky the 6 toed cats are within sight. I saw some, but it was hard to count their toes from where I was allowed for free.

Lots of shopping bargains. I wear my Key West navy blue hoodie all the time I bought for only $10. There is a hot sauce place with free samples. Stop and get a frozen banana on a stick that is chocolate covered. or a slice of key lime pie.

I always find tons of stuff to do. There is a trolley and a train. One is continuous and you cannot get on and off .. the other stops and you can get on and off. I would choose the one you can get on and off and see stuff unless someone in your party is handicapped. Lots of people get the trolley and train mixed up as they look kind of similar on their sites.

there is even a butterfly museum for nature lovers. The beach isnt worth much, Id skip it at this port.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Also in Nassau, you can take a cab over to Paradise Island and visit Atlantis and do the tour. You can purchase tickets when you get there, but also through the cruiseline, even once you are onboard. Well worth the time to see it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to dcgowens

Thank you!!
Ecstasy - December 2006
Ecstasy - December 2007
Conquest - December 2008
Ecstasy - December 2010
Magic - December 2011
Magic - August 2012
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM