Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Miami Hotel and shuttle to ship?

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise - want to look into getting a hotel in Miami that has free shuttle to the ship. There are eight of us so cabs are too expensive (need two with all of us and the luggage).. Was thinking about SAS from FT Lauderdale to a Miami Hotel.
S0,, Hotel options if your done this ?
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Admiral

You might want to think of just staying in Fort Lauderdale overnight and find a shuttle to the Miami port. We're cruising out of Miami but may just fly in to FLL and do the drive the next morning. Hotels seem to be cheaper than Miami and it's not too far. If you do find a good deal on a hotel in Miami let me know as we have no plan set in stone.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have to agree. I think overnighing in FLL, makes more sense as the probability of a less expensive hotel is better there, then in Miami, then you can call SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices for the shuttle to the Pier in Miami. $15.00 pp, but with your size group, the price may go down a bit.

You can try Priceline and use 4 star downtown, to get a nice hotel, or some people here on CM Rodeway Inn

Fort Lauderdale FL Hotels - Fort Lauderdale Hotel Rooms

I always use SAS,and have had no issues.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; March 17th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Captain

The only hotels that I can think of with FREE shuttle to the port are at the Miami airport. Holiday Inn (downtown) has a shuttle but I think there is a small fee.

We stayed at the Intercontinental we got on lastminutetravel for $87 and took a cab which was only around $11 or $13, cant remember but the hotel is across the water from the port. Holiday Inn is in the same area.

The port is downtown, so trying to find a cheaper hotel with a free shuttle that is close to the port downtown, going to be hard to find.

There hotels near the Miami airport though with free shuttles... but you are flying into Ft. Lauderdale. I agree with the above. I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale and picking a hotel like Rodeway with free airport shuttle to pick me up for the airport and then taking SAS to the port of Miami.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have to agree. I think overnighing in FLL, makes more sense as the probability of a less expensive hotel is better there, then in Miami, then you can call SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices for the shuttle to the Pier in Miami. $15.00 pp, but with your size group, the price may go down a bit.

You can try Priceline and use 4 star downtown, to get a nice hotel, or some people here on CM Rodeway Inn

Fort Lauderdale FL Hotels - Fort Lauderdale Hotel Rooms

I always use SAS,and have had no issues.
We stayed at Roadway Inn and were fine with it, we might just stay there again in December.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too didn't find hotels in Miami that offer free shuttle, we stayed at the Raddison and they had a shuttle, but it cost a couple bucks...Depending on how close you are to the pier, a couple cabs may do??

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Sorry to go a little off topic, I'm having trouble finding a room with two queen beds in Miami and the Holiday Inn wont let me book just one night, I even called and was told it needed to be a two night stay.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Sorry to go a little off topic, I'm having trouble finding a room with two queen beds in Miami and the Holiday Inn wont let me book just one night, I even called and was told it needed to be a two night stay.
Have you tried thru another site? Sometimes when Harbor House in Galveston has a 2 night minimum you can book the same hotel thru hotels.com for instance. I would try a couple of other sites where you can choose the type bed you want. Or try Expedia after hotels.com.

I just booked a couple of hotels and was undecided which is better to use Expedia or Hotels.com in case you have to cancel. I finally used Expedia. Same price on either.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I am surprised that in the cruise city of Miami, they have this two night rule.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 17th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Robin,

Try looking out by the airport. There are a number of hotels that have double beds.

I know I have had a hard time finding a reasonably priced hotel in the downtown area for about the last six months.

I would normally tell you to use Priceline but you need two double beds and Priceline won't guarantee that you will get a double room.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to CDrescher

There are a few hotels in mIami that offer a free shuttle to the port. However the 1 time we stat at one found out that it was only a 10 passanger van, went to all the ships. At 9am was told the wait to get on would be about 3 hours. When we got in a cab at 10:30 the people who were waiting on the next shuttle at 9 were still there. It hadn't made it back from the prevoius trip yet. In the hour and half line had grown from about 20 to almost 50 people.
2010 Carnival Spirit Mexican Rivera
2012 Carnival Freedom Exotic W. Caribbein

Carnival Freedom