Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Early Saver Price Drop Asking Me to Pay Additional 800 USD Deposit?!

Hi I hope someone here can help me out bec I am very confused.

I booked an Interior Spa 4S room on a Mediterranean Cruise on the Sunshine for October.

I was booked under Early Saver and paid a deposit of 400 USD total. Today (March 20), I filed a price protection claim and saw a total of 240 USD price adjustment on my record on their websit. HOWEVER, what I do not understand why it now says that there is an 800 USD Deposit Due last MARCH 4!! I don't understand bec the adjustments were only made today, on March 20.

Here is what the fare calculation looks like:
TOTAL 2 Guests: $1458 Cruise Rate + 458.44 Taxes etc. = $1916 Total

Payment Applied: $400 (This is the deposit I had already made upon booking)
Deposit (Due by Mar 4, 2013): $800 USD
Balance due by July 22, 2013: $1516.44

Someone ple shed light on this. Why am I asked to pay an additional $800 deposit? I have already paid $400. It says the $800 deposit was due on March 4, 2013, when the price drop changes were only made today March 20!! Lastly, if I am required to pay an additional $800 which wont be a problem, then why does it say my additional balance is still $1516.44?!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to poftravel Send a message via MSN to poftravel Send a message via Yahoo to poftravel

They balance due at $1916 is using the $400 deposit you've paid and not counting the additional payment. The price protection maybe change to deposit to match the deposit of the rate code you price matched it to. A travel agent would have explained it to you had you used one.