CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   behind the scenes tour (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/395345-behind-scenes-tour.html)

cherylroy March 30th, 2013 09:52 AM

behind the scenes tour

I posted a different post but didn't remember the name. We did an onboard excursion called Behind the Scenes on a different ship. Its limited to like 14 or so people - and books FAST. Its on the last day of your cruise and its just what it says - brings you behind the scenes, visit the captain, etc etc. We are going on the breeze. Do they offer this on this ship? Can we book ahead of time?? Does anyone know?

ruthlessboss March 30th, 2013 11:18 AM

I've always thought it was booked while on board, best being almost as soon as you board.

CruisingTime March 30th, 2013 11:46 AM

I'm new here but LOVE the Behind the Scenes tours! Yes, the Breeze will have a tour, it is on the last SEA day of the cruise and usually lasts 3+ hours and will start in the morning about 9:00. They are not available for purchase before your cruise and I highly recommend purchasing this as soon as you board as it will sell out fast. Cost is 95$ per person (as of a couple months ago) and is very much worth the cost! We got 3 8 x 10 photos and a bunch of goodies afterwards too. You won't be able to bring cameras or phones so leave those behind.

Snoozeman March 30th, 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisingTime (Post 1468816)
I'm new here but LOVE the Behind the Scenes tours! Yes, the Breeze will have a tour, it is on the last SEA day of the cruise and usually lasts 3+ hours and will start in the morning about 9:00. They are not available for purchase before your cruise and I highly recommend purchasing this as soon as you board as it will sell out fast. Cost is 95$ per person (as of a couple months ago) and is very much worth the cost! We got 3 8 x 10 photos and a bunch of goodies afterwards too. You won't be able to bring cameras or phones so leave those behind.

Welcome to Cruisemates CT...and thanks for the great information.

I've actually done a "Behind the Scenes'" very early in a cruise so the times vary by ship and when they have their sea days. Check excursion desk early or book on the interactive TV as soon as you board.

cherylroy March 31st, 2013 07:44 PM

Thanks! We did one on a different ship - but would love to see the Breeze Behind the Scenes tour. Now......guess we will board and go directly to book it! :-) Thanks friends!!!!!!

louisfepetit April 3rd, 2013 09:31 AM

I canít match some of the great comments here, but I do know youíre a wonderful writer with a unique perspective. Thank you for sharing.

John Rivers April 10th, 2013 01:15 PM

The "Behind the Scene" tours are great. I have been on several and on several ships :)

AndyBrown April 24th, 2013 01:41 AM

On our Spirit Hawaii cruise the tour filled up so they sold a second one too. It was a great tour, just not as "limited" as it may sound.

Andy

tobytovar April 24th, 2013 09:24 PM

Behind the Fun

Actually now the Tour is called " Behind The Fun" It is best to go to the excursion desk as soon as possible. Prices seem to vary depending on size of ship. Miracle was about $15 dollars more than Fascination. The tour of the bridge and photo with the captain was my favourite part. After the tour on Fascination last December we each got a blue cap that has Behind the Fun on the front and honorary crew member on the back. You also get a Carnival lanyard and recipe fot the Chocolate melting cake.
Great fun but lots of walking and steep stairs ( or ladders as we old Navy guys referred to them)