Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Vista or Verandah ?

I am in the need of some advice, I am planning my husband and mine 20th anniversary cruise. This will be our first cruise and I haven't booked because I'm not sure which deck to choose. They are offering upgrades and I'm not sure if I should pick the Vista or the Verandah. They are the same price on the Dream. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
M
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Admiral

For me I would take the verandah deck simply because there's nothing other than cabins above you and below you. The vista you have the lido deck above you and half the deck is a public area so noise can be a problem. If you do go with the vista make sure your room is under the lido deck cabins if noise bothers you.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:23 AM
Admiral

I would definitely avoid the Vista Deck - main reason is that the next deck up is the Lido Deck and depending on exactly where your cabin is, can have alot of noise above it. We did a guarantee cabin once on a 14-night cruise and ended up right below the pool area. It was terrible!!

Best advice is to first make sure you book with a reputable agent. They can help you select the right cabin and get you the best price while explaining all the various pricing options and their nuances. Don't book directly with the cruise line because if you have ay problems, who do you thing they represent?

Second, because this is a special 20th anniversary cruise, you may wish to look at some other options that might be a bit more upscale without a huge price difference.

And third, your first cruise is always something special. So no matter what you decide, have fun and enjoy it. And take LOTS of pictures!

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Familiar Face

My first cruise coming up as well, also on the Dream, and we chose Verandah for the very reasons listed above. Our PVP is the one that told me about it otherwise I wouldn't have known (being a newbie and all .... I'm so glad I got one who was very kind and helpful.

Have a great time! Happy anniversary to you!! We will be celebrating our 21st anniversary while on the Dream!!

First Time Cruiser... Summer 2013... Carnival Dream to the Eastern Caribbean.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I like the veranda deck... usually nice and quiet...

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Everyone - Thanks for all of the advice. unfortunately I don't think we are going to be able to go on the trip. I've been checking the rooms on the Dream, for the week we were looking at, and it appears to be booked up. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to put your advice to use and go on a cruise. Thanks for all of your help.
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
I am in the need of some advice, I am planning my husband and mine 20th anniversary cruise. This will be our first cruise and I haven't booked because I'm not sure which deck to choose. They are offering upgrades and I'm not sure if I should pick the Vista or the Verandah. They are the same price on the Dream. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
M
The higher up you are, the more you can get seasick. There is absolutely NO reason to pay more for a higher deck! The lower you get, the better you will feel, plus the more midship you can be is best, avoiding the extreme front or back of the ship. Elevators will always take you rapidly to any level of the ship. Happy cruising to you.