CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   SiLlY SOdA question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/395381-silly-soda-question.html)

Jocko the Cruiser April 2nd, 2013 02:21 PM

SiLlY SOdA question

In all of my cruises I have never taken on board the allowed beverages- 12 pack of soda or other non alcoholic bevvy, and bottle of wine. I know you are permitted to do so in your carry on luggage. My question is what is the protocol & etiquette for carry on's? my backpack usually functions as my sole carry on. Will I be permitted to say take a small shopping bag as well to accomodate my beverages?? :confused:

Mike M April 2nd, 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocko the Cruiser (Post 1469047)
In all of my cruises I have never taken on board the allowed beverages- 12 pack of soda or other non alcoholic bevvy, and bottle of wine. I know you are permitted to do so in your carry on luggage. My question is what is the protocol & etiquette for carry on's? my backpack usually functions as my sole carry on. Will I be permitted to say take a small shopping bag as well to accomodate my beverages?? :confused:

I have carried on a 12 pack of soda that was not in my carry on. If they allow that then my "guess" is that they would allow a shopping bag.

Take care,
Mike

aerospace April 2nd, 2013 05:44 PM

You can carry on all your luggage on the ship if you want, they don't care ...but I'm assuming your talking about on a plane and that depends on the airline.

Recently on a spirit flight they made constant announcements of one carry on only, shopping bags no, making people try and get it in the test box to show it was the right size and even talking about the carry on weight limit. On another flight people were allowed on with a backpack and carry on bag with out a word.

If your worried just buy it after you arrive in your port town, less to carry anyway.

ship2shore April 2nd, 2013 09:38 PM

My soft drink of preference is Coke Zero, which is rare to non-existent on cruise ships. I have carried it on in shopping bags, small folding knapsack-like bags I brought in my luggage, and no bag at all. I have carried pop onboard in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Port Canaveral. I have also carried it up the gangway in San Juan, St-Maarten and St-Thomas, and probably other ports I don't recall.

Never heard a peep from security, ever.

green_rd April 2nd, 2013 09:55 PM

I carried a 12 pack of Pepsi by crafting a handle from duct tape. Be sure to make it back to back so your hand doesn't get tacky. If you board before cabins are open you have to carry your carry-ons around the ship.

Snoozeman April 2nd, 2013 10:52 PM

OP: You could use a shopping bag or just use your back pack.

ship2shore: They have Coke Zero on Carnival. NOT at every bar, but at the lobby bar and perhaps one other. At least they have it on the Magic and Breeze. The last three Carnival ships I have sailed

ship2shore April 3rd, 2013 03:01 AM

Carnival is the only line that has it, and only in cans at $2 a pop.
Still worth carrying on, IMHO. Even in the priciest port, 12 cans is not $24.
(But I still bought cans from CCL when I was too lazy to walk out to get them)

I found this is available on some Royal Caribbean ships: (interesting)
New soda machines on Royal Caribbean cruise ships are a hit - USATODAY.com

jackson303 April 3rd, 2013 03:33 AM

Hello, I am new here, want to get you attention. Thank you.

aerospace April 3rd, 2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1469078)
If you board before cabins are open you have to carry your carry-ons around the ship.

If your on board early and find your small carry ons annoying(like a couple of 24 packs) head to the spa and put them in the locker room. Easy trick ;)

Jocko the Cruiser April 3rd, 2013 07:25 AM

thx for the good advice guys!

green_rd April 3rd, 2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1469095)
If your on board early and find your small carry ons annoying(like a couple of 24 packs) head to the spa and put them in the locker room. Easy trick ;)

A clever trick. Never thought of that one. The lido buffet is always such a mess with all the extra baggage.

Manuel April 3rd, 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson303 (Post 1469093)
Hello, I am new here, want to get you attention. Thank you.

Welcome aboard.

Keep on posting.

TM