Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Familiar Face

Default Wifi prices

Can someone tell me where I can find the package prices for wifi ? We will be on the conquest don't know if prices are different on different ships. We never used wifi before and thought we may on this cruise. Thanks for you help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Familiar Face

Ok here is what I found in case someone else was wondering.
Pricing
Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All Internet charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” account.

Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until disembarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be provided for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

• 480 minutes for $159
• 240 minutes for $89
• 120 minutes for $59
• 45 minutes for $29

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minBest Practices

• Email – Convert your email settings to basic; you will have a better experience with less graphic intense content. Most email providers have a lite version of their service optimized for low-bandwidth users.
• Mobile websites – most websites nowadays offer a mobile interface; they are leaner, less graphic intense alternatives to their main page. Mobile pages load quicker via the leaner bandwidth available onboard and can be accessed regardless of your device: laptop, smart phone, tablet etc. A few examples:
This was on the carnival web site.....
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Default Magic wifi

On the Magic it is $99.00 for the whole cruise with unlimitied wifi and unlimited devices and a faster speed than most ships, but slower than home speeds. You can also get for $39.00 the whole week at a slower speed and 1 device
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Familiar Face

Well that's not bad prices at all. I guess I will just have to wait till we get on the ship and see what it is. Was just wanting to get a idea what it would be. Thank you
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Welcome Newcomer

"cant_w8_2cruise" are those prices recent? The last cruise I went on the largest package was 250 minutes for $100. That was about a year ago, so they've probably changed.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Captain

Are you doing western? I was in Cozumel and Caymans last week and as usual got online. There is free wifi in downtown cozumel and the internet cafe across from the carnival pier is $2 for 30 minutes, $3 for one hour .. up to 8 hours for $20 which is good forever. I got a bonus hour, 9 hours for $20 and used it three cruises so far. Still have 3 plus hours left of my 9 hours I think.

In the caymans I go to the coffee place one block back and if you buy something you get to use their wifi as long as you want. A can of coke is $1.56 with tax.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Wifi onboard can be verrryyyy sloooow at times,so just realize the precious minutes slip away in front of your eyes, which is frustrating.... going to an internet cafe in port, will be a money saver, if you can do what you need to get done, in port.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 7th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Captain

In the Caymans there was a Burger King, about a block away from my coffee place haunt, also with free wifi. You can actually access it outside, but it was afternoon and my tablet doesnt seem to like the sun (or my eyes are just not what they used to be).

I was playing a game and needed to do something in the afternoon and didnt want to have to go inside and buy something. It was a hot sunny 85ish there last week.

There are plenty of places to pick up wifi in Caymans if you have a tablet like I did with me.

I was in Falmouth port in Jamaica where they charge $5 for a hour, so I skipped going online in this port, but its still cheaper and faster than the ship. I was on RCL and because Im diamond I had a free 30 minutes on the ship but never used, just because I know how slow it is. I ran into a guy on Friday who said he couldnt even connect online. It was so cold (like around 45 degrees and windy, and they moved all the pool stuff down to Promenade) so thats probably why people were bored or trying to check in with their flights or whatever. During the day the internet on RCL or Carnival slows to a crawl. So unless you are working at 3 am.. its pretty bad.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterG View Post
"cant_w8_2cruise" are those prices recent? The last cruise I went on the largest package was 250 minutes for $100. That was about a year ago, so they've probably changed.
I took it from the carnival web site so I assumed they were upto date. But really not sure....
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Are you doing western? I was in Cozumel and Caymans last week and as usual got online. There is free wifi in downtown cozumel and the internet cafe across from the carnival pier is $2 for 30 minutes, $3 for one hour .. up to 8 hours for $20 which is good forever. I got a bonus hour, 9 hours for $20 and used it three cruises so far. Still have 3 plus hours left of my 9 hours I think.

In the caymans I go to the coffee place one block back and if you buy something you get to use their wifi as long as you want. A can of coke is $1.56 with tax.
Yes we will be in Cozumel. I guess I need to see where the Internet cafe is at port. We have never used wifi on our other cruises but planing to this time so trying to get a idea what we will be spending. Thanks
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Familiar Face

[QUOTE=flowers;1469511]In the Caymans there was a Burger King, about a block away from my coffee place haunt, also with free wifi. You can actually access it outside, but it was afternoon and my tablet doesnt seem to like the sun (or my eyes are just not what they used to be).

I was playing a game and needed to do something in the afternoon and didnt want to have to go inside and buy something. It was a hot sunny 85ish there last week.

There are plenty of places to pick up wifi in Caymans if you have a tablet like I did with me.

I was in Falmouth port in Jamaica where they charge $5 for a hour, so I skipped going online in this port, but its still cheaper and faster than the ship. I was on RCL and because Im diamond I had a free 30 minutes on the ship but never used, just because I know how slow it is. I ran into a guy on Friday who said he couldnt even connect online. It was so cold (like around 45 degrees and windy, and they moved all the pool stuff down to Promenade) so thats probably why people were bored or trying to check in with their flights or whatever. During the day the internet on RCL or Carnival slows to a crawl. So unless you are working at 3 am.. its pretty bad.[/QUOTE

We are up late so I guess we may try that. But I think we will check out wifi at ports. Thank for your in put.
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Wifi onboard can be verrryyyy sloooow at times,so just realize the precious minutes slip away in front of your eyes, which is frustrating.... going to an internet cafe in port, will be a money saver, if you can do what you need to get done, in port.

Thanks for the help I didn't realize it would be so slow.... Makes since though everyone trying to use it
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_w8_2cruise View Post
Yes we will be in Cozumel. I guess I need to see where the Internet cafe is at port. We have never used wifi on our other cruises but planing to this time so trying to get a idea what we will be spending. Thanks
You can see it from the Lido deck of the ship when you come into port. Its almost right across the street from the port.. and a little to the right. Its about a 4 or 5 story building and there is red going up the front of the building in the middle.

It says i95 Plaza on the side of the building and when you go in most of the bottom floor is a grocery store.

They used to sell time that could be used in other ports, though I have only bought time in here for Cozumel.

I have my card for time in front of me and it says "just across from Puerta Maya Cozumel Mexico" and the top has a picture of the building.

OK, I finally found a link with a picture of the building.

You cant miss it now.

Convenient and affordable high-speed internet Cafe in Cozumel, Mexico - Cruise Radio
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulross View Post
On the Magic it is $99.00 for the whole cruise with unlimitied wifi and unlimited devices and a faster speed than most ships, but slower than home speeds. You can also get for $39.00 the whole week at a slower speed and 1 device

In the words of Inspector Clouseau, "Not anymore" !

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

They need to come up with some better prices since most people are so connected over the internet. But they are not in business to lose money
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

They need to come up with some better prices since most people are so connected over the internet. But they are not in business to lose money