Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Captain

Default Letter Today From Carnival CEO

Did anyone else get a letter today from Gerry Cahill basically promising "We Will Do Better"?

April 17, 2013

Dear Carnival Past Guest,

Our goal is to drive continual improvement across all aspects of our customer experience. To that end, we launched an operational review this February to learn all that we could from recent incidents and find new solutions. Today, we are announcing a fleetwide enhancement program and will be investing more than $300 million to expand the availability of hotel services in the rare instance of a shipboard event that involves the loss of primary power. In addition, we will also reinforce key shipboard operating systems and add new technologies to further prevent a potential loss of primary power. Work is underway and you can learn more about these initiatives in this brief video. For more information, visit the Carnival News & Updates tab on Facebook.

It's important to note that all of our 24 vessels operate safely today, and have strong systems in place to prevent, detect and respond to emergency situations. We meet or exceed all current regulatory requirements and are committed to delivering our guests a safe, reliable and enjoyable vacation experience.

With our investment, we will introduce new technologies and enhance current systems to our fleet. Additionally, we are forming a new Safety & Reliability Review Board comprised of leading third party experts from organizations such as United States Navy, United States Coast Guard, as well as leading airlines and equipment manufacturers. The addition of external experts to our new Safety & Reliability Review Board will provide us with further expertise and perspective in support of our goal of continuing to drive constant improvement.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Carnival Cruise Lines. My goal as the leader of Carnival Cruise Lines is to improve everyday across all aspects of your experience with us. I want to assure you that we will do everything we can to continue to improve our product and provide you with a fun and memorable cruising experience.

Sincerely,

Gerry Cahill
Gerry Cahill
President and CEO
Carnival Cruise Lines

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???

Last edited by ship2shore; April 18th, 2013 at 04:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I believe anyone on their email list got it. It came out last week when they announced that Triumph would spend more time in drydock to implement the changes.

I like what they are doing and it is a good thing but they are also trying to do damage control and bolster their image. Lately, Carnival is more the punch line to a joke than a decent cruise line.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Captain

Yep we got it.....To me it was like closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.
Damage control, yes, but it will be a long while before I sail on a Carnival ship again. They will have to prove to me that their changes have worked.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15