CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   More trouble at sea - now power failure hits the Carnival Ecstasy cruise ship Read m (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/395683-more-trouble-sea-now-power-failure-hits-carnival-ecstasy-cruise-ship-read-m.html)

Johnny Rocket April 20th, 2013 12:53 PM

More trouble at sea - now power failure hits the Carnival Ecstasy cruise ship Read m

More bad times for Carnival!

I don't know why ANYBODY would even choose to go with them!

Looks like you pays your money.... you take your chance....

More trouble at sea - now power failure hits the Carnival Ecstasy cruise ship | Mail Online

zydecocruiser April 20th, 2013 02:46 PM

Republican Richard Nixon had a tape gap longer than that. No big deal.

Just off a Carnival cruise this morning, on another one tomorrow, and another nother one next month.

Now why someone would pay for a hamburger on Royal when they could have a superior, and free, Guy's burger on Carnival, is beyond me. I guess some people have too much money. rofl

Sulross April 20th, 2013 03:56 PM

Hamburger

I agree with you on getting on a Carnival cruise ship today and next month and whenever, but you lost me when you said why pay for a hamburger on RCCL and get a free one on Carnival. I get free ones on RCCL all the time, even in the MDR. Don't have to go to Johnny Rockets to get one. Get at lunch and in the evening free, ready to sail anytime.

zydecocruiser April 20th, 2013 04:51 PM

Can get them in the MDR on Carnival, too. I was playing off of the OPs screen name.

green_rd April 20th, 2013 10:03 PM

A 12 minute power out - you joined this site to post that? I don't read the UK papers, based on the accompanying photos that it is one of the scandal rags I have heard.

Manuel April 20th, 2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1470745)
Now why someone would pay for a hamburger on Royal when they could have a superior, and free, Guy's burger on Carnival, is beyond me. I guess some people have too much money. rofl

You don't need to pay for any food on Royal. I just got off the Oasis of the Seas today and we did not pay for any food.
And believe, we ate quite well.

TM

thecruisequeen April 21st, 2013 08:48 AM

Food is free on every cruiseline including Hamburgers....It's the cruisers choice if they want to pay for speciality dining. :mrgreen:;)

Manuel April 21st, 2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1470787)
Food is free on every cruiseline including Hamburgers....It's the cruisers choice if they want to pay for speciality dining. :mrgreen:;)

Exactly! I have never paid extra for food on any cruise. And for our last several cruises I even get free booze. :p :wink: :D

TM

thecruisequeen April 21st, 2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1470792)
And for our last several cruises I even get free booze. :p :wink: :D

TM

Gotta love the Diamond lounge! :twisted::mrgreen: Cranberry and Vodka..:p

Mike M April 21st, 2013 02:16 PM

I would say that this is "yellow journalism" at its best. Using pictures of the electrical fire 15 years ago in a story about a twelve minute power loss is ridiculous.

There will be a large number of people who will just read the title of the article, look at the pictures and believe there was a massive fire.

Yes: Many people do just that.

Take care,
Mike

briguy April 21st, 2013 08:22 PM

Ok, the bottom line is no burgers are free. They just are prepaid for by you and everybody else.

Manuel April 21st, 2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1470803)
Gotta love the Diamond lounge! :twisted::mrgreen: Cranberry and Vodka..:p

Oh yes! :D

Most evenings I enjoyed the Chardonnay. :cool:

TM

Dave Beers April 21st, 2013 09:19 PM

I never miss the diamond lounge for a couple cocktails and some fun talking to the other diamond members and the staff. It really sets up a nice, fun evening.

Manuel April 21st, 2013 09:47 PM

Dave, I agree with you.

On our recent cruise we met some really nice and interesting people.

TM

Dave Beers April 21st, 2013 09:51 PM

Manuel,

On the Liberty Of The Seas this past December I sailed alone on B2B cruises. I really looked forward to the conversation in the diamond lounge every night. I met a some great people!

Manuel April 21st, 2013 09:54 PM

The Liberty of the Seas has a great Diamond lounge. I have sailed on her twice.

TM

Dave Beers April 21st, 2013 10:03 PM

I guess we've taken this Carnival thread about as far off topic as it can get, since it is now about Royal Caribbean diamond lounges.

So....I am going to close it down and wish everyone - both Carnival and Royal Caribbean fans - a great next cruise!