Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Faster to the Fun & Alcohol Gifts to Cabin.

2 quick questions.
Has anyone used the " Faster to the Fun" option on departure? Is it worth It?

I know you can't bring the " good stuff " aboard but I see that Carnival has a section of Gift Alcohols to purchase at high prices. Does this mean that they will deliver it to your cabin to be consumed? It would be nice to sit on the balcony and sip a night cap. Although I am going on my 8th Carnival cruise in 3 weeks I never noticed this.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytovar View Post
2 quick questions.
Has anyone used the " Faster to the Fun" option on departure? Is it worth It?

I know you can't bring the " good stuff " aboard but I see that Carnival has a section of Gift Alcohols to purchase at high prices. Does this mean that they will deliver it to your cabin to be consumed? It would be nice to sit on the balcony and sip a night cap. Although I am going on my 8th Carnival cruise in 3 weeks I never noticed this.
Thanks for the feedback.
I used it on my Glory cruise in January. In my opinion it was worth it. We went from cab to cabin in about twenty minutes. Our luggage arrived within thirty minutes and we had uncorked the champagne and unpacked before 12:30. Just remember you only need to purchase one for the entire cabin and if you are Platinum or higher in the VIFP club you don't need to purchase it at all.

I have purchased the Bon Voyage alcohol a number of times. Yes, it seems expensive but it is definitely less expensive than purchasing the equivalent number of drinks on board. You also don't have to feel like a criminal and risk confiscation when you smuggle liquor on board. You don't have to worry about gin soaked undies. The liquor and mixers (if you order them) are in your cabin when you arrive so if you don't want a champagne toast you can have a Bon Voyage cocktail. You can order the mixers at the same time you call to order the liquor. The cost/per can is the same as you would pay on board, at around $2/can. They can be any soda pop, tonic or soda. I'm not much of a drinker but I like to join my wife for a night cap, or two, on the balcony.

Take care and enjoy your cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Mike for the info. I don't know why that never dawned on me to do it before. I usually take a bottle of Port instead of wine and never had a problem getting it aboard.
Thanks again.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Carnival does allow you to bring one bottle of wine or champagne with you when you board.

You can also bring one twelve pack of soda/pp with you when you board.

I have taken to drinking Ginger Ale and I like Canada Dry and Carnival usually serves Seagrams Ginger Ale.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old April 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Captain

Hmmmm, Gin soaked undies. My fiancÚ and I will have to try that in November on our wedding cruise. Thanx for the tip Mike

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Familiar Face

I purchased FTTF on our Liberty cruise a two weeks ago. It was well worth it. We were at the port early (10:30) and there was nobody in line at all and we were able to walk right up so it didn't help us there but by the time boarding started the terminal was jam-packed full. They called the VIPs and then before they were even out of the Captain's Lounge, they called Priority Boarding (FTTF) so we basically boarded at the same time as the Plats/Dias. We were able to go directly to our cabin, drop our carry-ons off and up for lunch. When we returned after lunch our luggage was waiting.

I had to visit Guest Services twice and both times the line up was very long but I was able to step right up - took me less than 2 minutes both times to do what I had to do - whereas I would think the people standing in those long lines would've waited for at least 30 minutes. I went to ask them to open our balcony dividers and the other time was to get stamps from the countries we were visiting - I definitely would not have gotten the stamps if I had to wait in that line.

We always purchase liquor from BonVoyage. It has actually been available for years but was not advertised, you had to call to order anything other than wine. They just added the liquor and mixers to the website a few months ago. The prices are comparable to what we pay in Canada so that price doesn't bother us. It was nice to be able to mix a drink in the cabin and sit on the balcony.
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Have been known to carry a cocktail back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony. Haven't done Bon Voyage because the DW enjoys the fruity drinks.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Well, I'll be darn!!! I never knew they would deliver to your cabin the liquor on the first day!!!!!!!! All these years I've been sneaking on occasion booze on board. I just bought some vodka and brandy to be delivered to the cabin! Now....what happens if we don't drink it all.................Its gonna be nice not to worry about being 'caught' in the airport or on the cruise ship! I'm legal!!!!! Yep......cost a little more, but just figured out its less than 11 dollars a day!!!!!! Now..... that's worth it! Thanks for the tips!!!!!!!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:04 PM
First Mate

Default Faster to the Fun...Cabin Availability

I know everyone states that Platinum and Diamond do not need to purchase the Faster to the Fun ticket because they already receive the perks, however, do Platinum and Diamond cruisers also get access to their cabins as soon as they board or do they wait til' later like the rest of the passengers unless they've purchased the FTTF ticket? I thought all passengers, unless they purchased FTTF, had to wait until approximately 1:30p EST on most cruises? No?
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
I know everyone states that Platinum and Diamond do not need to purchase the Faster to the Fun ticket because they already receive the perks, however, do Platinum and Diamond cruisers also get access to their cabins as soon as they board or do they wait til' later like the rest of the passengers unless they've purchased the FTTF ticket? I thought all passengers, unless they purchased FTTF, had to wait until approximately 1:30p EST on most cruises? No?
Platinum and Diamond also have access to the cabins.

The one thing I don't like about Carnival is that when you book a suite you have all the priority boarding perks but you don't have early access to the suite. So, if you want to get to your suite early you have to purchase the FTTF.

Take care,
Mike

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Admiral

I"m platinium and I've always had to wait.........am I doing something wrong????????? Just hope the booze that I ordered gets there now. :-)
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy View Post
I"m platinium and I've always had to wait.........am I doing something wrong????????? Just hope the booze that I ordered gets there now. :-)
There has always been a sign on the doors, leading to the cabins stating that the cabins won't be ready until 1:30, however if you're Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF, COME ON IN! It's always worked so far. (I'm Diamond.)

"SKY"
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
First Mate

Good to know, thanks! I'm going on the Breeze soon and will be Diamond on that particular trip, but can you believe it...I never knew we could have access to the cabins as a Platinum. Why didn't you tell me
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Admiral

I'm platinum...what do you do????????? Just walk through the closed doors????????
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Captain

I'm mildly confused here....

Why exactly do you want access to your cabin so early when all the "Fun" is on Lido?

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Admiral

to drop off all my stuff I carried on!
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Captain

I wonder too how if Im Platinum and I have early access to my room how do I get through the fire doors that block the hallways prior to 130p? How do the FTTF folks do it too?
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

There is a sign on the closed doors that say that the cabins are closed "except for Diamond, Platinum and FTTF".

So, if you are Platinum or Diamond just go through the doors and head to your cabin. If anyone questions you, just show them your card.

Take care,
Mike

Old May 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
First Mate

Will be using it on the Fascination 5/27... it being Plat.
Am going to order a bottle for the room also. Have done this in the past but gosh the prices are higher than last time.