CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Free stuff on cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/395866-free-stuff-cruises.html)

sgtmomret April 30th, 2013 09:26 PM

Free stuff on cruises

Has anyone else noticed the free stuff you use to get in your stateroom has gone from a full bowl to two or three items. Whats up with that. No razors, shampoos samples...gee i even remember getting a bag of candy. So just wondering what up or better still why bother with it.

zydecocruiser April 30th, 2013 11:35 PM

The free stuff is donated to Carnival and Carnival has no control over what they receive or how much.

briguy May 1st, 2013 10:51 AM

If its free why are you complaining?

sgtmomret May 1st, 2013 02:25 PM

free stuff

It just that I have noticed since I've been cruising 94 the bowl in the bathroom was stuffed full of stuff ie, shavers for him and her, candy, toothpaste, deorant, shampoo samples and now were down to two toothpaste and snoring strips. I know that they get them from companies but you have to ask yourself why arent the companies still doing it. Are they pulling here advertising; which is what the free stuff was all about in the first place.....anyhow just saying. On the Liberty we got two samples of toothpaste and 3 snoring strip pkgs. The bowl looks so big now lol. I use to look forwards to see what I was going to get.

skymaster May 1st, 2013 04:37 PM

Well, the economy sucks, so companies aren't giving away samples like they used to. On my most recent cruise, I got the "snoring strips", two small samples of toothpaste, and a small bottle of skin softener? ;)

"SKY"

Manuel May 1st, 2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1471944)
Well, the economy sucks, so companies aren't giving away samples like they used to. On my most recent cruise, I got the "snoring strips", two small samples of toothpaste, and a small bottle of skin softener? ;)

"SKY"

What? No free wine? LOL

TM

green_rd May 2nd, 2013 08:26 AM

Plus, with the increase of cruise inventory it is even more expensive to stock free samples everywhere.

Cruznut2 May 2nd, 2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1471947)
What? No free wine? LOL

TM

Plenty of free whine!

Laura`s

Manuel May 2nd, 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1472018)
Plenty of free whine!

Laura`s

When you sail on Royal as a Diamond member the wine flows pretty freely at the Diamond lounge.

TM

Lakers Fan May 2nd, 2013 01:02 PM

"Free to Be You And Me"

Author unknown

thecruisequeen May 2nd, 2013 04:06 PM

Air is Free and available on every ship all cruise lines!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::p:wink:

On the Breeze there were a couple of sample items in a basket in the bathroom...don't even remember what they were.....

bobsfamily May 11th, 2013 02:21 PM

Last couple of cruises it did seem a bit "spare". We will see the end of May on the Fascination.

Duke 42 May 16th, 2013 08:44 AM

I find nothing useful in the Carnivak"bowl." Recently took a Celebrity cruise and they had nothing free in the bathroom.

krunch May 16th, 2013 11:13 AM

"Free" stuff is worth every penny LOL!

Krunch