CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Victory vs. Ecstacy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/396187-carnival-victory-vs-ecstacy.html)

dpoolepcagc May 18th, 2013 09:00 PM

Carnival Victory vs. Ecstacy

Ok I been a lurker for a while and now would like some opinions from those who of cruised on the Victory and Ecstacy. My wife and I went on our first cruise last Feb aboard the Victory and had a great time. We are now thinking of taking our second cruise on the Ecstacy. She is very hesitant on booking because the Ecstacy is an older and smaller ship than the Victory. She believes we will be "disappointed" after sailing on the Victory first. I however am more optimistic about it. So I am curious to hear from those that have sailed on both what you liked and did not like? and the overall comparison.

storybookcruises.com May 19th, 2013 01:43 AM

Victory over the Ecstasy anytime!

Pete

skymaster May 19th, 2013 09:03 AM

I doubt seriously, that you'd be disappointed in a cruise aboard the fun ship "Ecstasy". As a matter of fact, I've sailed almost all the ships in the Carnival fleet, and enjoyed my "Ecstasy" cruises so much, that I did it three times in the past six months. "Ecstasy" has an excellent crew, outstanding entertainment, great food, and an overall ambiance of FUN, FUN, FUN. While I have had very good cruises aboard "Victory" as well, you absolutely will NOT be disappointed in a cruise aboard "Ecstasy". :cool:

"SKY"

Aerogirl May 19th, 2013 11:18 AM

Is Ecstasy a fantasy class ship, if so I do like this class of ship. We sailed on Fantasy for our first cruise and fell in love with everything about the ship. I think your safe with either ship , all depends on what fits your needs best ...dates, ports & price.

dpoolepcagc May 19th, 2013 07:08 PM

Thank you for the replies. As I mentioned we have been on the Victory. We are wondering what the onboard experience difference is if any? We had some family with us on the Victory who had been on other Carnival cruises but never on the Ecstacy. While they thought the crew was friendly on the Victory. It didn't match the level they had experienced on other Carnival cruises. So thats why I was wondering what others have experienced that have been on both Ships.

Aerogirl May 19th, 2013 11:34 PM

I'm thinking if they've sailed on new ship they might not enjoy either of these ships.

skymaster May 20th, 2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1473529)
Is Ecstasy a fantasy class ship, if so I do like this class of ship. We sailed on Fantasy for our first cruise and fell in love with everything about the ship. I think your safe with either ship , all depends on what fits your needs best ...dates, ports & price.

YES, "Ecstasy" is indeed a Fantasy Class Ship. Big enough to have what I enjoy doing, aboard, but not so big that you walk your legs off, getting from bow to stern. GREAT ship, and just the right size. ;)

"SKY"