CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Anyone unhappy with Carnival Pride? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/397071-anyone-unhappy-carnival-pride.html)

Cocoahas June 18th, 2013 06:21 PM

Anyone unhappy with Carnival Pride?

Took a Family Vacation (6) People , Took almost 8 thousand Dollars from us just to be thrown off the Basketball Court by their employees that wanted to play soccer.The employee's were dressed in street clothes, took the Basketball off of our children just so that they can play Soccer. BULLING OUR CHILDREN and other children that wanted to have FUN on their Vacation! When talked to the Supervisors and Security, we were offered a bottle of wine with Dinner and a round of free drinks for our Children. Come to find out from other staff there, it was common knowledge that there are a " Bunch Of Italian's " that play Soccer every night. Which by the way, when my sister and I approached them, they acted as if they DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH , and took their (2) goal nets to lock them in a stationary ship door that they have keys for. Which is how we figured out that they were employees ! NICE, Pay that much money for Carnival Employees to BULLY our Children while they are trying to have fun on their Family Vacation!:mad:

Manuel June 18th, 2013 08:27 PM

It's sad that all this happened on a ( funship ). :shock: :?:

TM

Aerogirl June 19th, 2013 10:00 AM

Sailed Carnival three times and for the most part been very happy,I wouldn't base the line on a one time thing although many people jump at the chance to do so. I wonder if after you complained if it continued to happen, I find it hard to believe that the people in charge would just turn a blind eye if so they should not be in charge.

storybookcruises.com June 19th, 2013 12:32 PM

I'm sure there's two sides to the story, but it looks like we'll never know. It appears this was just a one-time 'drive by' post to complain about something.

I do know that the multi-use facilities on all ships, like the basketball courts, are changed over at different times to accommodate different activities, such as volleyball, tennis, etc. In fact, for a while, NCL was spending a great deal of time and money to turn theirs over for a few hours every day to be used as an outdoor ice skating rink. Took them quite a while to lay out the special flooring and no one was using it, so they stopped the practice.

Pete

Cruznut2 June 20th, 2013 10:01 AM

Looks like a troll has dropped in to visit and try to stir up some trouble.

Laura

NOS4A2 June 21st, 2013 08:25 AM

We had this happen to us on an RCCL ship once. Luckily we were high up on deck 10 (aft), but the people closer down to that level were not happy.

It was a good thing they were not first time posters and reported this here, as I guess their issue would have been discounted and called names.

zydecocruiser June 21st, 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1476729)
Looks like a troll has dropped in to visit and try to stir up some trouble.

Laura

Just one? rofl