CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   mdr question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/397757-mdr-question.html)

Arkcruisers July 11th, 2013 03:19 PM

mdr question

Hi, I have one more question. My family of 9 is booked on the Conquest in Oct. How do I make sure that we are seated at the same table for dinner in the mdr? Thanks.

Manuel July 11th, 2013 05:54 PM

The only answer I have is that my TA takes care of those issues.

TM

Sulross July 11th, 2013 06:22 PM

Booking Number

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1478756)
The only answer I have is that my TA takes care of those issues.

TM

Tell your travel agent, if you have one, or you call Carnival and tell them to link your booking number with the other ones. Ones in the same cabin should have same booking number and probably ones in other stateroom have different, but if linked they should be able get you all together.

Donna July 11th, 2013 07:39 PM

Hopefully, everyone booked through the same travel agent?? If for some reason, your MDR table/tables are not to your liking, once you board, you can go up there and see if they can fix it...

Trip July 11th, 2013 09:37 PM

Make sure all your reservations are linked...this just makes it easier, and one less thing to worry about. Have fun!

Arkcruisers July 12th, 2013 12:22 AM

Thanks everyone. I did not use TA this time because she was too slow calling me back with info. Seemed that the Balconies were booking up fast and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get 3 rooms close together ( getting 3 families all free the same week is a nightmare. Ha!) So I booked with Carnival. I didn't think to ask them this question at that time. I will call them. I appreciate the help.

Trip July 12th, 2013 09:37 AM

Just know, within a certain time frame of booking with a cruise line, you can transfer the booking to a travel agency.For me, I always want my reservations in the hands of a ta, to handle any issues that might arise.

Happy cruising!

storybookcruises.com July 12th, 2013 01:52 PM

You've gotten some great information here, especially about booking with an agent. Always the best thing to do. And yes, if you book it directly with Carnival, you can transfer the booking to an agent.

All the have to do is cross-reference all the reservation numbers and everyone will be assigned the same table for dinner. If they do not have a table big enough for your party, then they'll make sure they assign you two tables next to each other.

Best advice is that once everyone gets their sail-n-sign passes, check the table numbers to make sure you got the same table or two tables next to each other. To be on the safe side, once you get on the ship, go to the main dining room and verify where the table is or that the two tables are together. If there are any problems/questions, then that's the best time to talk to the Matre'd, who will be there just to handle any problems since people are always wanting to change seating times. But don't wait to do this because then it becomes more difficult for them to solve any problems that might arise.

Pete

Arkcruisers July 12th, 2013 03:28 PM

Update! I want to say an extra thank you to those that replied! I call Carnival this am and the lady told me the 3 rooms were linked when I booked them. Great. I asked another question about price drops, she answered it then ask me if I wanted her to check. I said OK but I haven't see anything new lately. She checked and there was a another $180 price drop. As Malcolm would say WOOHOO! I might have miss that if I hadn't call. (She had to check and see if our balcony level was still available and it was). Booked 2 rooms as Easy saver because kids haven't sailed with Carnival before, so only get it on the our past guest room. That's OK! Anything helps.

storybookcruises.com July 12th, 2013 06:16 PM

That's great! Always helps to ask. Also, keep checking the prices on their website and if you see another drop, give them a call.

I do hope they explained the rules to you about the Early Saver Fare. They're different than booking a regular fare.

Pete

Cruizer July 14th, 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkcruisers (Post 1478735)
Hi, I have one more question. My family of 9 is booked on the Conquest in Oct. How do I make sure that we are seated at the same table for dinner in the mdr? Thanks.

You will need the booking number of all. Then contact either your agent or the PVP (depending on how you booked the cruise) and ask to have all linked for dinner.