CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   No single supplement now! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/399031-no-single-supplement-now.html)

cruised1014 September 26th, 2013 05:03 PM

No single supplement now!

Yes, Carnival is not charging a supplement for single cruise passengers. On select cruises this fall season.
Example 5 nights for a single passenger Oct 21st 2013 Carnival Estasy $189.00. Normaly this would be
$378.00. Enjoy Ed

ruthlessboss September 26th, 2013 07:43 PM

For the past few weeks, this has been in effect, but thought it was over. Did they continue it?

cruised1014 September 27th, 2013 04:54 PM

Yes I just looking at cruises for myself and decided to look at singles discounts on Vacationstogo.com and I was amazed at how many there are. Here is the site I was looking at. Look in the Bahamas listing. Enjoy Ed

ruthlessboss September 27th, 2013 06:37 PM

I've been watching off and on and checking fareviewer daily for my Ecstasy cruise, but it seems to be too popular, the rates keep going up. The only reason I'm hanging in on that double supplement is because of the itinerary. Of course I'm in a 1A cubbyhole, but I get to Key West from noon til 8. Only 1 other sailing I'd change for, and that's to Dream. My friend will be on it in Nov. People around me either can't afford to go, or can't imagine what cruising is like, so I just find a cheapie and go solo.

cruised1014 September 27th, 2013 07:26 PM

Cheap cruises are great

We love cheap also. We are waiting for lastminute prices on Breeze, Glory, and or Liberty.[
We have cruised 7 days for $219.00 in the past. This will be our 18th Carnival Cruise. I like your idea on solo cruising better than epic single cabin are pricey. Have a great cruise. Ed

tobytovar September 28th, 2013 07:11 PM

That's great to know. I went on a BTB by myself iin May and paid the same as 2 passengers. I did it to get to platinum but it was expensive.
Hope they keep that up.

mtouch88 September 30th, 2013 08:07 PM

Misleading! I read about this ans I asked since I have not found a cabinmate yet. Carnival asked for double price and said I can bring a guest! yikes! not honest advertising!

ruthlessboss September 30th, 2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtouch88 (Post 1485879)
Misleading! I read about this ans I asked since I have not found a cabinmate yet. Carnival asked for double price and said I can bring a guest! yikes! not honest advertising!

It's not on every cruise. Did you check the list?

motherboarder September 30th, 2013 09:53 PM

hi all. where do I find the list of cruises that the single supplement is NOT applicable to?? I had to pay it for my cruise in Nov out of San Juan PR :(

motherboarder September 30th, 2013 09:54 PM

where do we find the list of applicable cruises????

ruthlessboss October 1st, 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motherboarder (Post 1485897)
where do we find the list of applicable cruises????

Join Vacations to Go site. At first you won't see a place to click onto single supplements. Find any old cruise for information. You will then see a list on the left to see their categories of specials. Click on "singles" and that will bring you to the page.
If it's a qualified cruise, it will be there. If you don't see your date, it's not reduced.

motherboarder October 1st, 2013 10:31 AM

thanks ruthlessboss!

will this post go to the person I'm meaning it to?? hmmm

ruthlessboss October 1st, 2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motherboarder (Post 1485945)
will this post go to the person I'm meaning it to?? hmmm

If it was meant for me, yes. We are on the open board.

motherboarder October 1st, 2013 12:05 PM

now I remember

ruthlessboss ~ why I joined this site and then QUIT using it.. it is SO not intuitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well, be it as it may :( Marylou

Paul Motter October 2nd, 2013 11:48 AM

Can you explain what you mean by non-intuitive?

The message boards are the same as most big web sites on the web use (vBulletin) and operate the same way as Cruise Critic and all other sites that use the same boards.

Or is it other parts of the site?

Paul Motter October 2nd, 2013 11:59 AM

By the way - the OP is correct about Carnival singles supplements - but they are only offered for the Fantasy-class ships (except I did see one exception for "Valor" a newer ship).

Quantum of the Seas also has some discounts for singles - including no singles supplements. I would opt for that ship (although it does cost more, it is much more interesting).

motherboarder October 2nd, 2013 12:19 PM

Yes. there are TOO MANY unclear (badly labeled) options that lead folks in circles. Most times when I think I am replying to a particular post it goes to the wrong poster :( It is difficult at best to find/end up on the page where emails (received/sent) display. I was a programmer for 40+ years and my employers would have never accepted this site's design, lay-out, function. sorry!

Paul Motter October 2nd, 2013 12:36 PM

I don't mind constructive criticism - feel free to send me an email.

However, when you say "Most times when I think I am replying to a particular post it goes to the wrong poster" - I am not sure I follow you. These posts go to everyone, not just one poster. If you want to make sure you are getting a message in a thread (like this) to a specific poster the best thing to do is select "quote post" for the post of the person you want to reply to... That way their original post shows up in the new post you are composing - so readers realize you are responding to something someone says.

This is a very common layout for a message board.

If you want to contact a person directly you just click on their username and select "send a private message" you should understand that we do not reveal the email addresses of posters unless they opt to show them. But we will send them a private message from you. They just have to click on their own usernames to pick them up (they get an email and a popup notification that there is a message waiting for them)

In that sense these forums behave very much like any other forum on the Internet. But if you are talking about the navigating the forums for different topics, or navigating the rest of the site, then that is a different subject and we don't mind hearing suggestions.

Paul Motter October 2nd, 2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motherboarder (Post 1486020)
Yes. there are TOO MANY unclear (badly labeled) options that lead folks in circles.

This is an example of quoting a post. Would you mind explaining how we could improve what you are mentioning above? This the part I do not follow.

motherboarder October 2nd, 2013 03:13 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1486021)
I don't mind constructive criticism - feel free to send me an email.

However, when you say "Most times when I think I am replying to a particular post it goes to the wrong poster" - I am not sure I follow you. These posts go to everyone, not just one poster. If you want to make sure you are getting a message in a thread (like this) to a specific poster the best thing to do is select "quote post" for the post of the person you want to reply to... That way their original post shows up in the new post you are composing - so readers realize you are responding to something someone says.

This is a very common layout for a message board.

If you want to contact a person directly you just click on their username and select "send a private message" you should understand that we do not reveal the email addresses of posters unless they opt to show them. But we will send them a private message from you. They just have to click on their own usernames to pick them up (they get an email and a popup notification that there is a message waiting for them)

In that sense these forums behave very much like any other forum on the Internet. But if you are talking about the navigating the forums for different topics, or navigating the rest of the site, then that is a different subject and we don't mind hearing suggestions.

I think

Haoie October 17th, 2013 05:27 AM

Wouldn't this be great if it was all round?