Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question cold jacuzzis

We just got done with a cruise it was a very nice 8 days out of Ny City and the Jacuzzi s aboard the Splendor was cold. My first complaint was to the pursers desk aboard the ship and they told me that they where having issues with something in the engine room and that's why they where not hot.. Ok. Granted.. I'll take that excuse it as good as We don't have any one aboard this ship in our mechanical dept. that knows how to fix any thing they are just here because they have to be a body with out a mind.. (Makes me really wonder)...

So I waited until the next day at the VIFP party with the Captain and follow officers of the ship, You know the free drink feast with so so Things to munch on. Any way I spoke with Ramish one of the ships senior Cruise directors to find out why the Hot tubes where not hot and he said that they have all kinds of bromine in the they don't need to be hot, I said really they are meant to be therapeutic and if their not at least 102* and to remind you they inject COld frecken air into them also.. to be a great jacuzzi it has to be 104* and with normal air bubbles.. not cold.. Ramish ask me the next day if they where hotter and I told him no they where just as cold as the ocean that we where sailing in..not hot . So he told me that he would call some one else to tell this to and to let him also know about this and his name was Rossel. I'm mean really teaching some one else to try and act like they were really concerns about the hot tubes on the ship. I quite tell them that they where cold because in all reality they didn't get a crap they already had my money and they had to act like it was important to take care of these types of things like this.. WOW..I hope that they know that a good Lawyer if some one gets sick from their under temperature jacuzzi s
will make some one a very rich person because sailing out of the good ole U.S.A. they have to adhere as close as possible to our laws.. Lack of heat in the Jacuzzi's bites..but the rest of the cruise was great.. No other complaints..Heat up the Jacuzzi's on board Carnival..
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Welcome Newcomer

You can't make me swim in something cold. Creepy!
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Captain

The jacuzzi are rarely hot enough on any ship.

Most people don't realize pools and jacuzzi are usually emptied at night partially or all the way so early in the day they might not have heated up yet. Also right after rain they get cold and of course if it's cold outside it will effect the water temp as well. On most ships it seems each jacuzzi is set to a different temp whether that's to suit more people or just due to improper calibration I'm not sure. Recently on the Epic they had 7 and there was only one that was always hot but it was usually the first one full as more and more people realized that fact.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old December 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Admiral

I wish the hot tubs would of been hotter myself....just not the same when their not.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014