CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   American Table and Feast Video (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/400404-american-table-feast-video.html)

zydecocruiser December 31st, 2013 05:34 PM

American Table and Feast Video

Doesn't look bad to me. :D

Aerogirl December 31st, 2013 06:40 PM

I seen this from that other cruise site......I've talked to around a dozen people who thought it was not good and were very disappointed with the food.

zydecocruiser December 31st, 2013 07:35 PM

I have read reviews of those who did like it. It seems like some let tablecloths affect the taste of their food.

I couldn't help but notice their were salt and pepper shakers on the table.

I'm still looking forward to trying it and my opinion won't be influenced by others.

Deni January 4th, 2014 11:25 AM

1st lets give them a chance to work out the kinks. Ever been to a new restaurant? It's always horrible in the beginning.
2nd I have 2 cruises booked this year and plan on having a great time! I will see for myself. I'm on Vacation. On a cruise!

Deni~

cruise planner January 4th, 2014 01:03 PM

Yep, at least they did have salt & pepper shakers - unfortunately, we didn't the first night.

As for 'doesn't look bad', there wasn't much of the food to see and what was shown wasn't a big deal. Did notice that on a couple of occasions the guy mentioned not getting bread at their table! And I loved his comment about 'mystery meat'.

As we all know, food is VERY subjective. Some people love McDonalds, others prefer Burger King, while some don't like either, and some like both.

I heard one lady saying the peanut butter cookies on the dessert bar were outstanding. Being a lover of peanut butter anything, I tried them and couldn't believe she raved about how good they were. All three of us tasted absolutely no peanut butter - all they were were sugar cookies with no flavor whatsoever.

So, as I always say, what one person loves, another will hate. And while we've always enjoyed our Carnival cruises in the past and found the food fine, this one on the Glory was very disappointing. And it had nothing to do with forks, knives, and tablecloths.

And the service throughout our cruise was very good in every area, with the exception of our waiter and assistant waiter who were terrible! We watched other waiters around us and they were all very good. Unfortunately, we had to get two servers who were clueless about everything.

I hope the growing pains and changes will produce a much better experience for those cruising on the Glory after us.

Pete

zydecocruiser January 4th, 2014 06:35 PM

The mystery meat turned out to be some sort of side dish to an entree, so probably some sort of vegetable concoction.

Service certainly seemed to be lacking, but at least there was bread - just that nobody brought it. I'm thinking they must have been in Your Time Dining.

Under those circumstances I would have no problem helping myself to a basket and/or asking the maitre d' for a table closer to my waiter. rofl

happy cruzin January 12th, 2014 07:25 PM

I have always enjoyed "new menus" - but for some reason I am nervous about these. Not exactly sure why - except that several "favorites" seem to have been behind. :cool: