CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   When is Cabin Available (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/400813-when-cabin-available.html)

Master Chief January 30th, 2014 09:47 AM

When is Cabin Available

We are Platinum. I was reading an article yesterday or rather a review of a cruise, and they said that as they were Platinum they were allowed to go to their cabin as soon as the boarded and not have to wait until 1:30. Is this now the rule? It would be wonderful to drop off carry-on stuff before heading to lunch.:D

Any assistance will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

zydecocruiser January 30th, 2014 10:10 AM

Depends on the ship and whether or not they have implemented Faster to the Fun. Do your luggage tags have Faster to the Fun on them?

Master Chief January 30th, 2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1494116)
Depends on the ship and whether or not they have implemented Faster to the Fun. Do your luggage tags have Faster to the Fun on them?

We are on Conquest this Sunday out of Miami. No F2F on luggage tags, just Priority. Guess I am out of luck:-(

Ron January 30th, 2014 09:48 PM

Just pack something light to tide you over til you get your luggage--no need to tote a heavy bag around--I've seen people who carry all their luggage on so they can carry it all off and have to carry and drag it around for an hour or more. And, it will go by fast anyway.
There has to be a certain amount of time for the attendants to get their work done from the thousands who just unloaded so the thousands boarding can have a clean toilet and bed. ;)
But, you'll make it just fine and hope you smooth seas and warm, warm weather !! :) :)

zydecocruiser January 30th, 2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 1494121)
We are on Conquest this Sunday out of Miami. No F2F on luggage tags, just Priority. Guess I am out of luck:-(

are you sure? a little circular thing on the tag?

anyway, no, not out of luck. just go to your cabin anyway to drop off your stuff. for years platinum cabins have been ready early. fire doors may be closed, but it isn't possible to lock them.

if it looks like the cabin is still trashed (doubtful), i would go to plan b.

Master Chief January 31st, 2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1494167)
are you sure? a little circular thing on the tag?

anyway, no, not out of luck. just go to your cabin anyway to drop off your stuff. for years platinum cabins have been ready early. fire doors may be closed, but it isn't possible to lock them.

if it looks like the cabin is still trashed (doubtful), i would go to plan b.

I must be getting old:wink: There is the little circular thing on the luggage tags. Sure glad you have it under control:)

Thanks.

CruisingTime February 2nd, 2014 10:51 PM

Your tags do have "priority" on them and you may just be missing the small FTTF circle. Either way on the Conquest as a platinum guest you will receive all the benefits of FTTF and a few extra that the FTTF guests do not.

Make sure when you check in your luggage with the porter curbside that you point out the priority/fttf status of your tags and they will put orange tape on it to get the luggage delivered to your room faster also. When checking in show your boarding passes and you will be shown to priority check in, once on board your room should also be ready.

I love the platinum benefits of early room access, you can go directly to your room, drop off anything you've carried on and go directly to Lido to get the cruise started without dragging bags with you.