Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Paradise review

This is not going to be one of those wonderfully thorough reviews with pictures, sorry, just going to hit the high points. We sailed on 1/30/14 and returned on 2/3/14 with a port call at Cozumel, Mexico (yes, I bought some vanilla extract).

The Paradise is a beautiful ship, in my opinion, and the crew was constantly cleaning something or other to make it shine. Speaking of the crew, EVERYONE was so friendly and eager to please. I saw not one incident where any crew member was unfriendly or rude. I had many nice conversations with them while asking about their home country. Most are away from their families for many months at a time and miss them terribly, so be nice.

The food was very good, I tried several different items that I've never eaten before and all was delicious! The flat iron steaks are nice and thick and were cooked to perfection and I ordered them on 2 different nights they were that good.
Also on the Paradise, they are trying out the new brunch option and we ate there in the main dining room on 2 different days. They offer you a 2-sided menu, one for breakfast items and the other for lunch. I ordered the eggs benedict on both days but on neither day did they top it with the traditional Hollandaise sauce but the eggs were so darn delicious, who cared, not me.

The stage shows were awesome! Top notch performers who gave 100% to put on a great show. The costumes and props were fantastic too! Yes, our Cruise Director Steve can definitely play that fiddle. Look out Charlie Daniels....

On Super Bowl Sunday we were given a fantastic SB Party! They served hot dogs and mini Philly Steak sandwiches, chicken tenders, etc. I think half of the ship attended it to watch the game, too bad the Broncos didn't show up.

Overall, the Paradise is a really nice ship and I would highly recommend sailing on her if you haven't already. I usually never repeat a cruise on the same ship but in this case I would.

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome back,
Always good to hear about a good cruise....especially when the food and entertainment was good...

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the review. Like Donna said its always nice to here that people enjoyed their cruise. I have never sailed her however I have sailed her sister ships Fantasy & Inspiration and enjoyed them. I have looked at her itinerary because a friend wants to take a cruise out of Tampa.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013