CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   HAWAII CRUISE - 25th Wedding Anniversary for April 2016 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/400905-hawaii-cruise-25th-wedding-anniversary-april-2016-a.html)

Cruise Mermaid February 5th, 2014 06:37 PM

HAWAII CRUISE - 25th Wedding Anniversary for April 2016

Hello everyone! I'm knew to these forums ... but not new to cruising ... we've cruised six different times .... all with Carnival except our very first cruise with Celebrity. Anyway, in April 2016 we will be married for 25 years and we went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and haven't been back so I thought what would be better than a HAWAIIN CRUISE ?! :) My plan is to have our children go with us so we'll need two rooms, and they will be 17 and 19 at the time. (WOW how time flys ... they've been cruising with us since they've been babies ... :(

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some awesome advice as we've never done a Hawaii cruise and I have a few questions and I'm sure all you helpful fellow cruisers will assure that I will get the best things for our family !!!

To start with - CARNIVAL is only open for booking on the Hawaiin cruise through January 2015 .... and we are looking for APRIL 2016 ... (so I have 2 years to plan!).

Currently they use the MIRACLE ship to cruise there and back from California and first things first - how do I know THE SECOND the booking will open because of course I'm going after the 'aft' balcony suites .... if we are gonna be at sea for 4 days there and back I want some awesome views ... that being said here we go:

1) How do I find out the absolute second the booking opens ?

2) Does anyone have any opinions on the aft portside cabins:

5266 (Upper Deck)
6260 (Empress Deck)
7298 (Verandah Deck)
8268 (Panarama Deck)

By opinions I mean ... best wrap balcony - I know some don't have as much as a wrap as others ... can't remember which is best ya know ?

Anyway those are the two main issues right now ... please feel free to give any advice I certainly welcome everything and thank you all in advance!

*Denise* (The Cruise Mermaid)

MrPete March 6th, 2014 06:48 PM

Been on the Miracle, and cruised to Hawaii. Just not together.

We did the reposition, from Ensenada to Honolulu. Loved it. Will do it again one day.

storybookcruises.com March 6th, 2014 10:29 PM

Let your agent know what you want when you want it and let them do the work for you! Takes away the hassle and the worry while letting them take care of everything.

As for the Miracle, we've been on it and its sister ship the Pride. Rather small ships and not alot of amenities, but we preferred the Pride.

Personally, if I was celebrating a nice anniversary like this, I would prefer to upgrade and do Princess.

But then again, all of these are relative long cruises and spend alot of time at sea. If you don't mind that, it's okay. But if you really want to spend time seeing the island and enjoying Hawaii, you might want to consider the Pride of America. We did that for 7 nights around the islands and it was a great way to see the ports and spend more time in each port than the roundtrip cruises out of California. It also gives you time to really visit Oahu. Just a thought.

Pete

CruiseAddict99 March 17th, 2014 03:19 AM

I assume you have already looked at the deck plans and pictures on Carnival's website. I have never been on the Miracle, but all the options you mentioned for cabins look fantastic, I don't know how you could go wrong with any of them.

I'm not sure I would enjoy that long cross Pacific journey. I prefer to fly to Hawaii and cruise the islands instead of spending so much time in open ocean, but it would be some wonderful family time.

I think Carnival books 18 months in advance, so you should be able to use that as your guideline, but do as Pete suggests and turn that problem over to a good cruise agent. They should know those specific times and may have more chance of getting those preferred suites for you.

green_rd March 17th, 2014 06:57 AM

Hi Mermaid,

Welcome to Cruise Mates! Let a Travel Agent know what you want to do. Carnival may accompany the release of new cruises with a press release. You can also sign up for Carnival emails.

I wouldn't count too much on sailing Miracle. Cruise lines often move ships as needs change, new ships come out and other ships go into dry dock. That said, of course, miracle may very well sail to Hawaii in April 2014.

I am sure you are excited. Please ask all the questions you want.