Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default saling on the conquest in july need some info

so me and my soon to be husband are sailing on the conquest in early july for our honneymoon we are sailing on the 6th of july, to san jaun st thomas, grand turks and half moon kay

fiance is big into fishing so a fishing excursion is a must for him, i love the ocean and the beach so for me i would love to do a beach excursion. we also like to hike see local sites and go shopping

so what would be the best place beach wise for the beach excursion my cousin got married on megans bay st thomas and they said it was amazing.

is san juan good for shoping or should we save the shopping for someplace else. our first cruise we went to ensenada mexico and did the gyser tour and shopping so i kinda feel like san juan and mexico the items to purchase are similar in style so maybe at another island would be better.

also i noticed some of the beach excursions are very pricey could you get off the ship at port and take a cab or bus to the beach for less money or would that be risky?

ive always wanted to do a swiming excursion or something with a boat tour or even a hiking tour or a bus that does site seeing, i saw the horses in the sand thing but i dont think i could even get on a horse

also anyone who has sailed on this ship are any of the paid restaurants worth it? or should we stick to the main dinning options that are included

and should we let them know at check in we are on our honeymoon sometimes they give extra perks
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Half Moon Cay is pretty much just a beach stop. If you think you wil only do the beach once that should check that box. Likewise Grand Turk. All your stops have nice beaches. You can almost always grab a cab to the beach in San Juan, St. Thomas and Cozumel for much less than excursion.

For hiking it might not be any better than El Junque (sp?) National Park in Puerto Rico though it is a good distance from San Juan. You could also hike on St. Thomas or grab a ferry to St. John. Much of that island is covered with hiking paths.

San Juan is a great stop with The old historic city nearly at the dock.

Can't help you with fishing or shopping. Sorry

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Green did a good job of telling you where the beaches are. Half Moon Cay is the perfect beach day.

Grand Turk will be your best bet for deep sea fishing. There are many charter's available. I would ask here if anyone has a good recommendation or you can Google or do some online searching for a charter that fits your needs. Grand Turk is great for Deep Sea Fishing, Bone Fishing and bottom fishing. We went deep sea fishing on a friend's private boat and had a great time, even though we didn't land "the big one".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me