Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Ocho Rios / Grand Caymen Excursions

Anyone going on this cruise, or have been in the past? Do you plan on doing any excursions? Have you been on any that were just amazing? The boat sells them, but there are several competitors that offer the exact same excursions for close to half the price. What should we look for, and stay away from? We will hit Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman. We want to partake in some fun, but also be able to spend a few hours at the beach and enjoy the locations. I don't want to get off the boat and spend an entire day walking around shopping when there are white sandy beaches close by! Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Word of advice, in Jamaica, pick an excursion and make a day of it. It's a beautiful place but don't do anything on your own.
Old December 18th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the tip. That's what I've heard. It's not the safest place in the world, especially for tourists. I'm struggling though....I want to spend more time on a beach relaxing with the beautiful sand and water, but most of the excursions only have about an hour to 1.5 hours of beach time along with something else.

The one where you go to a mansion looks awesome, but they say there's no direct beach access because of the rocks / corral. I'm not sure what to do...
Old December 18th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would recommend snorkeling with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman....well worth the time. You may be able to find an independent tour operator, but either way, try to do that, great fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Spoon41, do the beach in Grand Cayman after whatever excursion you want to do. The beach there is great. There is a taxi stand across the street from the main setup where people meet for their excursions. When you are finished with yours (and it won't take long) just go get yourself a taxi to the public beach. It doesn't cost much. There will be taxis waiting to take you back when you are finished. There are places to eat, changing rooms, etc..., and the beach is very nice.

Just do an excursion is Jamaica and let that be it.
Old December 29th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Captain

If it is just you and your significant other then I would suggest taking a taxi and doing a day pass at Couples Resort San Souci! This is a all inclusive resort for couples only in Ocho Rios Jamaica! Plenty of things to do with 2 beach options.

Grand Cayman I suggest getting a taxi and exploring the "other" side of the island. There are some beautiful beaches there!

Caribbean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas 14
Carnival Splendor 15
Holland America Westerdam 15
Carnival Sunshine 16