Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2000, 08:32 PM
sea lady

Default about face

Glad that you erased all the negative stuff from the board...... I was the big supporte of celebrity.. but I have a problem... don' know if it is the cruise line or my ta... but I booked the Infinity 2/17... had air from my home city in fl. called my ta to change to round trip san fancisco... and it was ok... got my invoice and am waitlisted on air....6 mos in the future.... so now I don't have air from my home town and don't have air from san francisco... the captains club says 10% chance of getting air... not a happy camper but decided to shop for plan b... husband wants to go on the hawaii cruise... help!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2000, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: about face

sea lady wrote:
>
> Glad that you erased all the negative stuff from the
> board......
We didn't actually erase anything. This is an entirely new format for the message boards. with many more options than our old boards had.
It would have been near to impossible to move all the messages I would imagine, so we're starting over. Postive and Negative posts are welcome. As long as it stays in the form of conversation and doesn't get personal, we welcome it.

As to your problem, I'd start by checking for independant air and get something booked, then you can work on your TA and Celeb to come up with a better solution.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old August 22nd, 2000, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Are you going air/sea or buying your own air ticket? If it's air/sea, you may not now for a while since the airlines book everyone on one cruise at the same time.
I suggest you ask your agent about airline deviation -- for $35 or so, you can pick the routes you want.

Generally, this is an airline fault -- they book the flights and give cruise passengers the worst flights.
Old August 26th, 2000, 09:45 PM
sea lady

I booked my own air and saved money... I just preferred going with the cruise line since it was near the inaugural cruise... I tried to suggest air deviation to my ta and got wait and see.... anyway... just disappointed with the hassles that I had to go through... don't know if it is Celebrity or my ta... now I'm being told that the transfers form San Diego to Ensenada have not been comfirmed by Celebrity....something doesn't compute... was told by celebrity that the contracts were not let on hotels post cruise... now hearing that the contracts have not been let for transfers... but all air arrrangements are sold out... something is rotten in Denmark!!!! I can also do an transfer by myself but what about the other 1900 or so people????
Old September 1st, 2000, 08:02 AM
slavearlen

This sounds to me like you have a poor TA. I have said it before, good CONSCIOUS, TA's are difficult to find. Did she (or he) not communicate to you that you could be wait listed? Sometimes you have to think for these people. I have sailed many times and I am sure I am their nightmare customer only because I constantlly question and challenge them. Sorry!!! But your complaint along with the many others on this board, are a prime example why. If anyone ever needs a TA that is THINKING and cares about every step of your trip, call Steve at the Cruise Center in San Antonio, Texas (on Fredericksburg). This guy is fabulous. He literally lays out your trip, moment by moment. Go back to your travel agent and question, question, question. You are a paying customer and they make money off of you. I am not completely certain, but I think that if you called Celebrity, they would have to pass you off to your TA.
Old September 1st, 2000, 08:03 AM
slavearlen

This sounds to me like you have a poor TA. I have said it before, good CONSCIOUS, TA's are difficult to find. Did she (or he) not communicate to you that you could be wait listed? Sometimes you have to think for these people. I have sailed many times and I am sure I am their nightmare customer only because I constantlly question and challenge them. Sorry!!! But your complaint along with the many others on this board, are a prime example why. If anyone ever needs a TA that is THINKING and cares about every step of your trip, call Steve at the Cruise Center in San Antonio, Texas (on Fredericksburg). This guy is fabulous. He literally lays out your trip, moment by moment. Go back to your travel agent and question, question, question. You are a paying customer and they make money off of you. I am not completely certain, but I think that if you called Celebrity, they would have to pass you off to your TA.