Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2000, 12:03 AM
cheri

Default Another 1st time cruiser dumb question

Sailing on the Millennium on 2/18/01. this may sound dumb and if it does, I'm sorry, but the brochure says the state room has a fridge with mini-bar. Here's the stupid question .. do they stock the minibar for you and if so -- how much does it cost? If they don't stock it, why is it in there? they obviously don't have a grocery store on board for milk and eggs. Please don't laugh at my stupidity! I'll be experienced like some of you someday!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2000, 05:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default RE: Another 1st time cruiser dumb question

I just want to say "thank you" for your refreshing question! It's questions like this that make the experience of cruising new again for me. It's like thinking about my senior prom....

They DO stock the mini bar with soda, beer, small liquor bottles, and often some chocolate, nuts and other stuff. You will be charged the same rate as you would pay at one of the ship's bars. There is usually room for other stuff if you want to put it there, and I think you can even ask the steward to empty it of the "pay-for" stuff so you have more room.

You won't need any milk or eggs :-) because there is a lot of free food all over the ship! Even if you get hungry in the middle of the night you can still call room service 24 hours a day - no charge. So, if you want to stock your fridge, do it with food from the buffet line, not the local grocery store. I do it all the time - I love midnight snacks.
Old August 22nd, 2000, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Many people like to bring on board their personal choice of beverages! Having the availabilty of the fridge is a great ammenity. Personally I only drink sparkling water and prefer Poland Springs which you cannot buy on board or in ports and at $2+ a bottle that does add up. There will be an inventory list somewhere in your cabin with the prices of each item. The cabin steward will do an inventory and upon consumption, the item will be charged to your cabin account and replenished in the fridge. Be sure to watch for these charges on you bill as they can easily add up.
Bon Voyage.
Old August 22nd, 2000, 11:19 AM
hdawson

Paul, I'm with you. Love those late night snacks. I'll miss the midnight buffets on Century next month. First time for second seating and not sure how hungry I will be later. BRW, how many late night buffets should I expect on Century? Have read some conflicting reports.
Old August 22nd, 2000, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I believe Celebrity has changed its method to have late-night snacks all over the ship rather than having a single, regular midnight buffet. I don't actually go to midnight buffets, but if I have early seating I have been known to call room service at 4:00 AM.

hdawson wrote:
>
> Paul, I'm with you. Love those late night snacks.
Old August 22nd, 2000, 02:52 PM
cheri

You people are too kind! You didn't think I was particularly stupid. Now I have the answer. So, Paul, I can stick some goodies in my purse from the buffet and have them later in the evening? Very interesting! Hubby and I can clear a buffet by ourselves! Seriously, thank you all for answering my question. I just have a million questions and am chomping at the bit to get on board. Watched the Secrets of the Cruise Ship on TLC and now I'm even more excited than ever. it was the Grand Princess. I assume the Millennium is at least as beautiful as the Princess. Thanks again!
Old August 22nd, 2000, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cheri,
As the saying goes... The only dumb questions are the ones u don't ask.

Oh yes, and it's been said that I've been known to come to up with some dumb answers <VBG>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old August 23rd, 2000, 08:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Cheri -- we're on the 2/18 sailing of the Millennium and even though this is my third cruise I too am so excited!! We've been twice on RCCL and once on Renaissance. I've been on the boards asking questions about Celebrity since this is our first cruise with them. One thing about cruising, the planning stage is so much fun...
Old August 23rd, 2000, 05:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

We're also first-time-cruisers on the 2/18 Millennium. 3 of us (husband, myself and 11-yr-old son). Are you traveling with children?
Old August 26th, 2000, 11:03 PM
dude2

Hi, Don't normally drink at all. About 4 times in 25 years. But this is our 20 th. anniversary cruise and we would like to buy some Champagne on board, or at least some sparkling wine.. Any idea what the cost would be? Can we buy it at dinner and take the rest to our room etc.? Also any idea what the cost is for a martini, never had one would like to try one, also the cost for a fruity type drink, margarita or a sangria??? Thx. Celebrity Horizon 02/12/00
Old August 27th, 2000, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Go to the Celebritycruises.com site and check out bon voyage and special occasion gifts & packages. If you don't find it, call Celebrity and they can fax you a list of wines, champagnes, liquors, chocolates & special occasionn/Bon Voyage packages available for pre-boarding purchase. Average wine/champagne will be $25 +. If you buy a bottle of wine in the dining room, they will recork it for you to be served on another night, but I have not heard of it being allowed to be carried back to your room. When we had a gift of champagne delivered to our room, we just asked our steward if he would see that it was delivered to our wine steward and we were able to share with our dining companions and served during our dinner time. ( A corkage fee & tip is appropriate.)
Bon Voyage
Old August 28th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Jan, No it will be just the 2 of us. Daughter (14 yrs.) will be in school. Actually we plan for this to be our 30th anniversary cruise. The actual date is in May but with the end-of-school activities it will be too busy to celebrate then.
I just re-read my message and realized that my excitement to cruise has interfered with my ability to count. Actually, this will be our 4th cruise and we are just as excited as if it were our first.