For those who seem to have an inside track or better educated guess, what is going on with this? Info. seems to have dried up. If the transatlantic trip isn't cancelled, what does the schedule show for the Caribbean runs? At some point info. has to be disclosed by Celebrity so plans can either be confirmed or changed. My trip is all booked via Celebrity so I assume they would be responsible for any missed hotel and air dates. Is this true based on anyone else's experience?
What date are you booked on Millennium? We are booked for 1/7/01. I'm going with the assumption that if my cruise is delayed, Celebrity will offer some sort of perk. Can only hope for the best....keep your fingers crossed! Good luck with your trip.
We were booked on the December 2 cruise. After discussing with Celebrity, rather than taking a chance since we had already arranged for our own airfare, before and after hotel, etc, we opted to change ships.
We are booked on 11/26 sailing of the Millennium. I talked with customer service yesterday; he hinted that the transatlantic sailing might go. The 11/26, 12/3, 12,10 are sold-out or closed. The powers up-stairs are have a very difficulty time make up their mine when to do it. They did promise an answerer soon.
We are looking forward to the cruise and seeing first hand what others have lavished comment on.
Hi, we are also booked on 11/26, also on 11/23=24, 2 night Thanksgiving special
cruise. I talked to a "supervisor at Celebrity last week, and she told me, off the
record, that there is a very good possibility that the first couple of cruises out of
Lauderdale might be cancelled fro drydocking. Hopefully, they will have an answer
before final payment is due.
Where do you live? I've been in touch with other people who live out of state, and
they are making alternative plans on other ships for 11/26. If you want, you can
e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk more about this.
We are not going unitl March so I feel confident that any repairs would be made by then. The problem is that if there are really major repairs with long delays, a switch to another ship should be done early enough to get a good cabin & rate. We now have a great rate & mid-ship cabin on Deck 7 w/veranda so I would hate to change. We did consider the Mercury which does the same trip.We opted not to switch based upon the little info. we have & the basically good reviews Just curious, which ship did you switch to Mike? Hpe all goes well!