Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2000, 02:54 PM
tonyag9

Default Port Everglades

Does anyone know how far the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL) is from the Port Everglades port (Celebrity - Century)? Does anyone know how much a cab costs to get there? Are cabs waiting at the airport, or do you need to make special arrangements? How far would we have to lug our bags from the Alamo rental terminal to the cab? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2000, 04:08 PM
David Starkey

Default RE: Port Everglades

Airport to the pier is 10-15 minute ride, not very far.Cost around $ 10-15.00 depending on how direct(or honest) the taxi driver is. Plenty of taxi service is availible from the airport to the pier...Like I say, its close by.
Old August 24th, 2000, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Short taxi ride about 10 - 15 minutes or so to the pier. Not sure of the cost but somewhere around $15.00 I think. Never rented from Alamo but from most of the car rental places you can catch a shuttle bus to the terminal and there are plenty of taxi's there to take you to the pier.
Gaile
Old August 24th, 2000, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Actually, in Ft Laud. all the car rentals are located just off the airport, almost between it and the pier. All the rental agencies have shuttles which will take u to either the pier or the airport.
In the past, if I've had a rental, I drop Mrs. Kuki and the bags. Could say all my bags.. sorry, couldn't resist :o) at the pier or airport first, return the car and grab the shuttle back to join them.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old August 24th, 2000, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I gotta disagree with the staff here! The cost is much closer to $7.00 from the airport to port everglades for a taxi.
Old August 25th, 2000, 09:04 PM
sea lady

Kuki... shame on you... it is very close you can take a shuttle or taxi.... not expensive... just look for Tillie Tooter....that's her teritory... amazing woman!!!!.