Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2000, 06:19 PM
dsawyer

Default The President Responds!!

CRUISELINE REPRESENTATIVES DO READ OUR POSTINGS ON THIS AND OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS! Recently I posted a report on this message board and on Cruisemates message board concerning our cruise on the inaugural voyage of The Millennium. I stated that it was a major disappointment and I listed several instances of inconveniences which we had suffered. I also listed several of the good points of this same cruise. This report was submitted to Celebrity Cruises Customer Service. Yesterday I received a very nice letter from Richard Sasso, President of Celebrity Cruises. He addressed each of my concerns point by point and was very apologetic that we had endured these problems. In spite of what several posters here tried to downplay as petty complaints, Mr. Sesso agreed with me that these inconveniencers should not have happened on a Celebrity cruise, He assured me that the problems I listed would be dealt with and should not happen again. Mr. Sasso further commented that he had also read my report on a poplular message board. It would certainly seem that these message boards do have a value over and beyond what we, as individual posters reap on a daily basis. SOMEBODY UP THERE IS ACTUALLY LISTENING!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2000, 06:50 PM
Golfforfun

Default RE: The President Responds!!

I still think some of your complaints were petty.

The Pres. is doing what he has to do from a PR standpoint.
Old August 26th, 2000, 07:00 PM
NJmatt

It amazes me that someone has still got to be a killjoy,now I know why I don't rely on this board that much no more
Old August 26th, 2000, 08:26 PM
First Mate

I think it is great that you wrote the review and Richard Sasso responded!
Old August 26th, 2000, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Dsawyer,
Wow, is all I can say, was really suprised you got such a reply. Its nice to know "someone" is listening! I'm also glad you posted to let us know, thanks,

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 26th, 2000, 09:18 PM
CrzLvr

SUPER WOW!

I posted earlier that complaining makes for a better product. State the facts, as they used to say on the old TV show, just the facts, and they can be beneficial.
You never know who is is listening, and who it might benefit in the end.

The cruise you save may be your next one. I bet those problems will be looked into. Noone can fill those of your needs that you don't mention..

I am impressed!
Old August 26th, 2000, 11:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

dsawyer wrote:
>
> CRUISELINE REPRESENTATIVES DO READ OUR POSTINGS ON THIS AND
> OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS!
Mr. Sasso
> further commented that he had also read my report on a poplular
> message board. It would certainly seem that these message
> boards do have a value over and beyond what we, as individual
> posters reap on a daily basis. SOMEBODY UP THERE IS ACTUALLY
> LISTENING!!!

There is no question cruiseline reps. read the message boards, maybe somewhat surprisingly even staff on the ships.
There has been more than one occassion when I've been on a ship, talking with a hotel manager or such, and mentioned an article or postings we've seen, and they've told me they read it.
Some will even print them off and put them up on staff message boards.
After we did the Virtual Cruise on the Vision of the Seas a couple of weeks back, I was informed the staff on the ship were given access to the net so they could read it.

I think I actually missed your initial posting ( I must have been cruising, but am happy to hear you were dealt with in a satisfactory manner.

The other thing of note is for people who think no one reads the comment cards. They take them very seriously. We do have a voice by a number of different means.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old August 27th, 2000, 12:06 AM
Carole Dunham

I have seen so many postings here and on all the other boards about unhappy passengers writing the cruiselines. This is the first time I've heard about the president of the line responding in such a positive way. Kudos to
Richard Sasso. I hope all the lines learn their lesson from this.

Carole/cruzdiva
Old August 27th, 2000, 01:22 AM
Golfforfun

Before you jump all ovrer me, please read her complaints on the Cruise Critics Board- 8/04/00.

We need to hear experiences--both negatives and positves so we can make a judgment on which issues are important and which are not. My assessment of her complaints was that some were petty and not worthwhile discussing. Simple.
Old August 27th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Tim Rubacky

<<My assessment of her complaints was that some were petty and not worthwhile discussing. Simple.>>

Golf,

FWIW, IMO, I dont think Dot's complaints were petty at all. Celebrity did not have the ship ready for service and there were just too many glitches, malfunctions and other detractors on that voyage.

When a ship first enters service, there are bound to be teething problems and Dot was not the only one with complaints. Being locked out of one's cabin for half a day is inexcuseable. (I cite this one example)

Frankly, I found Dot's letter/review quite even keeled; she cited facts and did not just "scream" that it was a bad cruise. I like seeing letters and posts such as this one as they point out the flaws and provide information for everyone to learn from...including the cruise lines.

What I dont like seeing and what *I* find petty is people that bait, flame and criticize those that have the "audacity" to post a less than idyllic experience.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old August 27th, 2000, 11:59 AM
dsawyer

I would like to publicly thank Mr. Sasso for his very warm and reassuring letter to me. I definitely believe his letter to me was quite sincere and not just P.R. I also believe he was very honest in his statement, "I assure you that this experience is not the norm for Celebrity Cruises." Because he took the time to personally respond to my concerns, I will definitely give Celebrity the benefit of the doubt and cruise again on this line, perhaps even on The Millennium (after the drydock question is settled, of course). Thank you, Mr. Sasso!
Old August 27th, 2000, 04:44 PM
AR

The really remarkable thing is that a note that says essentially that you got a pro-forma response to a complaint letter has generated 10 responses so far--make that 11!
Old September 1st, 2000, 07:56 AM
slavearlen

The purpose of this message board has worked in regards to this passengers complaints and now she has received the appropriate response. Can we go on to something else?