Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2000, 04:12 PM
tonyag9

Default HELP!!!!

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary on the September 2nd Century cruise to the Western Carribean. I just started packing and I need your input. When exactly can you wear shorts? I have 2 formal dresses to wear, 2 cocktail dresses, and 3 sundresses to wear to dinner, but it's the daytime that I'm concerned about. What do people wear when boarding? Do people wear shorts? What about during the day when in port? Do I need to wear sundresses during the daytime too? Does my husband need to wear pants? I am just trying to figure out what to pack and I DEFINITELY do not want to at anytime be out of place. (This is only my second cruise - last one was 10 years ago, so I'm quite rusty :-) Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: HELP!!!!

Hi Tonya,
Pack the shorts for during the day and at least 2 swim suits. You basically wear resort wear during the day. When going on excersions, be sure to have some compfy shoes or sandals. Dress like you are on a land vacation in some warm
climate, don't forget the sunscreen, you'd be suprised how strong those rays really are. Sounds like you have all the nite-time activities, dinner ect. covered, sounds just fine. Enjoy the cruise!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 29th, 2000, 07:24 PM
Mary Lou

Congratulations on your anniversary.....what a nice way to celebrate! My husband and I are celebrating our 25th on a January cruise on Millennium. You can wear shorts during the day on the ship and in most ports. It isn't necessary to wear sun dresses in port, but you can. Your attire depends on what you are going to do in port, what excursions you are going to take. I've never worn shorts when we board, but mostly because we have always been coming from a cold climate .
My husband wore shorts almost every day in port.
Have a great time!!
Old August 29th, 2000, 08:37 PM
Murielle

simma down now! and enjoy yourself. My husband and I will also be on the cruise on September 2nd. When you come on board you and your husband will have a picture taken and then posted on the board to purchase in the photo gallery. So I would probably wear a pretty sundress and your husband should wear something comfortable(golf type 3 button shirt). You want to dress very comfortable during the day (sundress, bathing suit, and shorts). Two formal nights usually consist of wearing gowns (I always wear gowns on formal nights), and dark suits for the men. On the informal nights business casual is appropriate for men (dress slacks and sports jacket), and for us a dress, or pants and a blouse. Hope this helps and maybe we will see you on board. Pleae email me if you have any further questions.

Murielle
Old August 29th, 2000, 11:37 PM
Carole Dunham

In the Caribbean in daytime the universal dress onboard is either shorts or a bathing suit with a coverup. Ashore, shorts are fine.

Carole/cruzdiva
Old August 29th, 2000, 11:41 PM
Carole Dunham

You can board in shorts if you like. The first day is totally casual. This goes for the men too. Just make sure to put a bathing suit, something to wear in the evening that isn't shorts or jeans (although they are too hot for the Caribbean IMHO). Also don't forget to pack the sunblock. Enjoy, Century is a beautiful ship and a great one for an anniversary.

Carole/cruzdiva