Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2000, 01:21 AM
Cruise Maniac
Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry
Default Docs In-Good News/Bad News

Hi All!
I was wondering if anybody has had this experience. The good news is that our docs for our 9/17 Trans-Canal cruise on Mercury are in, the bad news is that Celebrity forgot to include the excursion information. Our TA finally got through to Celebrity and even though it was their error they refused to fed ex or fax the information to her. They said they would mail it out first class and supposedly it went out today. Our appointment with our TA is Friday evening and we were fully expecting to have this information at that time. I am extremely surprised and disappointed that Celebrity would refuse to correct their error in a more timely manner. Another question - is it possible to pre-book the excursions with Celebrity? If that is so they are also delaying our ability to book our chosen excursions. Thank you for any comments or suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2000, 08:32 AM
Default RE: Docs In-Good News/Bad News

Yes, one can pre-book shore excursions with Celebrity (your credit card is charged at once).

Your other options are to use the in-cabin TV system to book the excursion or book directly with the shore excursion desk on ship (but you will stand in line).

Most excursion only sell out at the last minute, so you still have plenty of time. If you get the excursion forms in time and pay by credit card, you can possible fax your order to Celebrity. The excursion tickets are delivered to your cabin.

This is a minor problem. Don't let it spoil your cruise. Enjoy!
Old August 30th, 2000, 09:59 AM
First Mate

Last year I sailed the Galaxy's repositioning cruise through the canal from LA. There were no prepublished excursion booklets before nor during the cruise. Once onboard there was a xeroxed list of excursions at the excursion desk. Of course they were on the TV as well. I thought it was because it was a repositioning cruise that they did not have the excursion booklet.
Old August 30th, 2000, 12:03 PM

Hi. I am T.A. and I read in the my travel agent guide that only europe excursions can be purchased in advanced. Good Luck !
Old August 31st, 2000, 02:50 PM
Ralph Bias

I don't know who these people are answering this question. K.K. says shes a travel agent and if so , should be fimilair with Celebrity's policies. Shore excursion information is sent to the travel agent approx 60-45 days prior to sailing and is supposed to be forwarded to the guest for advance reservations.

So before you blame Celebrity, ask your travel agent why they were not forwarded to you in the first place!

I have worked with Celebrity for many years and they are, by far, one of the most professional cruise lines to deal with. If it was thier fault, the information would have been sent out overnight service. The "Customer Service" department has Cart Blanche in cases like these and it should have been a "no Brainer"!

I apologize if I sound arragant, I just go to peieces reading these chat rooms, everyone thinks they know everything about the cruise industry!!
Old August 31st, 2000, 04:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Is this advance booking of excursions in the Caribb something new? I don't recall it being available March 99 when we sailed the Mercury.

Features Editor