Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2000, 04:08 PM
ANGEL8

Default MILLENNIUM RESTAURANT MANAGER

I have read that many people are curious as to the name of the restaurant manager onboard this ship. His name is Niyazi Korkmaz. He has been with Celebrity for many years now and some of you may recognize him from other ships. He is very nice and extremely helpful. I will be happy to see him on this ship on October 13, 2000.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2000, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: MILLENNIUM RESTAURANT MANAGER

Angel8,
Have a wonderful time on Millennium! Its hard to believe its September already, so you should be cruising before you know it. Unfortunately I have to wait til
next April Have Fun!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 14th, 2000, 09:24 PM
slavearlen

Since you are not sailing until October, how do you know this information. Just curious. We have tried to get crew information before with no success. Thanks!
Old September 18th, 2000, 06:27 PM
ANGEL8

HI! MY FRIEND AND I MET NIYAZI ON A PREVIOUS CRUISE AND HAVE KEPT IN CONTACT WITH HIM SINCE. HE HAS CALLED US TO LET US KNOW WHICH SHIPS HE IS ON. AS I SAID, HE IS A REALLY GREAT GUY! HE LEAVES THE SHIP AFTER THE OCTOBER 13TH SAILING IS COMPLETED.
Old September 20th, 2000, 05:25 PM
slavearlen

We had met several staff members on our trips, some of which we see repeatedly, but never could get them to give us a forwarding address or phone. How did you manage - just a little advise for the next time we cruise.
Old September 20th, 2000, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

slavearlen wrote:
>
> We had met several staff members on our trips, some of which we
> see repeatedly, but never could get them to give us a
> forwarding address or phone. How did you manage - just a
> little advise for the next time we cruise.
Slav.. I believe Angel mentioned in a different post, that she and a girl friend were travelling together.. that might be the first hint <VBG>

Regards,
Kuki
Old September 20th, 2000, 09:57 PM
slavearlen

So are we!
Old September 21st, 2000, 03:13 PM
ANGEL8

Hi! I'm not sure how it happens, but my friends' and I always seem to depart with a slew of admirers. They have all offered their addresses for home and on the ships. Plus phone numbers at home. At times, we have given a very select few our numbers or e-mail. This particular man we exchanged with and he calls quite regularly. Then, we end up seeing them on different ships and get impeccable service....we do anyway, but it helps when you know them too.
I have no advice or hints. They approach us.
Kuki....I can't help it. I thought your post was funny....it gave me my daily laugh. They really do love the single women who board the ships.
Old September 21st, 2000, 10:40 PM
slavearlen

Well, it sounds like you girls know how to work it! Good luck with your friend on the October 13 cruise. I plan on taking my mom on a cruise in April, 2001 to the Western Caribbean on the Millennium. Why is this particular Restaurant Manager so special? I have had others and they were nice but it sounds like this particular one is pretty good. You say that the October 13 trip will be his last - why? And what do you think are the chances he could be on ours. I would really like to know that we are in good hands on this particular trip - it is an important one.
Old September 22nd, 2000, 10:08 AM
ANGEL8

I can't say exactly why he is so good, but it seems that he cares about everyone and takes pride in his work. He wants to make sure people are happy with the food, service, and their seatings. He is always around too. Whether it be during the day in the buffet area on deck or in the dining room. He will be on his vacation after the October 13th sailing. He works for 5 months under contract and then he is off for 2-3 months.
I'm not sure if he will be back on Millennium or if he will be on a different ship. It is personal choice for the crew. They put in a request for which ship they would like to be on and if there is an opening available, that is where they go. He loves Europe and wanted to be on this new ship so he had requested it. Many of the crew we met on our last cruise said they are going to be on this ship. I'll know better when I see him or talk to him where he will be after his vacation.
Hope this helped.
Plus, I don't know if we work it, but we just dress nicely and take pride in our appearance. Like I said, they just come to us.
Happy sailing!
Old September 22nd, 2000, 10:12 PM
slavearlen

Thanks for your reply. It seems that this gentleman has found a good friend and admirer in you. We can only hope to have the pleasure of his professional assistance during our trip. Appreciate all the information. Look forward to an update after your trip - Happy Sailing to you as well!!!
Old September 22nd, 2000, 10:26 PM
jackdawson

This story sounds very intriguing to me. This guy is becoming a real celebrity - must be sum kinda guy. Angel8, I find your explanation of how you were able to get up close and personal with this individual rather interesting. There's alot of ladies who dress nicely and take pride in their appearance on these cruise ships. There is usually alot to choose from. How is it they just come to you?
Old September 24th, 2000, 10:27 AM
ANGEL8

Hello! As I said before, I have absolutely no idea why they approach my self and my friends. We are just very nice looking, outgoing women. We enjoy ourselves on our trips and end up talking to everyone. I guess a positive attitude/aura attracts people. I love meeting new people and maybe this is why.
Sorry, I don't have a definitive answer for you....it's human nature.
Old September 24th, 2000, 01:34 PM
jackdawson

Thanks for the answer. In order to avoid any further boost to your extremely high level of self-confidence I will accept this as your final answer.
Old September 30th, 2000, 07:26 AM
jackdawson

Angel8, I never used the works "full of yourself". Your friend was never mentioned. He is a not in control of your communications regarding him on this board. All I simply meant was that it appears that you are as much of a fan of yourself as anyone. Sometimes a little mystery and being conservative is much more appealing. Does your friend read this board?
Old October 3rd, 2000, 05:06 PM
Dawnyelle

This from someone using the name jack dawson...... Angel was trying to be modest and that didn't work so she came out and said the truth.... that doesn't mean she is full of herself!
Old October 7th, 2000, 09:02 AM
jackdawson

Modest? Not hardly. But I appreciate your input.
Old October 8th, 2000, 11:41 AM
Passenger

I have been following and reading your messages. May I ask you .... since you have developed such a friendship with this gentleman and he calls you frequently to keep you posted as to his whereabouts, are you his guest when you cruise? My understanding is that they are able to take guests on the ship and from your messages it sounds like you are both close. Just curious. You are very proud of your relationship with this man and it only seems like a logical relationship progression.
Old October 11th, 2000, 09:43 PM
slavearlen

According to your message, you should be packing for your trip! Just wanted to wish a a good trip and hope that both you and your friend enjoy the cruise as well as time together. Let us know how it was when you return. Anxious to know your opinion on the Millennium. Bon Voyage!!!