Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:27 PM
James M. Perry

Default Kuki Millennium Review

Hi Kuki:

I hope your Cruisemates group to Milenium will be a great success. I wish I were going with all of you, however I'm not getting to see Millenium until November 3 for the transatlantic.

I hope you can do a daily post about your Millenium cruise like you did from Vision in Alsaka. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person reading them!!

James
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2000, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Kuki Millennium Review

Hi James,
I think there are a lot of us out here that would love to read a day by day on the Millennium by "Kuki". I'm sure if they give him access to do it, he will. Any word on that Kuki??

Donnassei/SEalover
Old September 19th, 2000, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

James,

I'm flattered by the request. There's a fair bit of work involved in both setting up the ability to do a daily report, especially with pictures as we did with the Vision of the Seas Daily Log, and then of course the work in sitting down and doing the writing each night.

With this being such a port intensive itinerary I don't think doing this was considered for this cruise. I am however looking into the possibilty of at least sending back two or three "live" stories from the ship.
Don't worry that U wont get enough though. I have a LONG flight home after the cruise, and I normally kill that time on the laptop writing my FULL Kuki report on the cruise. Just hope that your printer is quick and U have lots of paper on hand. I've never been known to keep it short <VBG>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 20th, 2000, 01:52 PM
Shack

Kuki is much more experienced than I, but we'll be doing a succinct review of our 2 Oct Millenium cruise after the fact. We'll be in one of those aft/fantail cabins (Cat 3) so we can give the "real story" on vibration, etc.

I've heard nothing but compliments about the ship itself other than some hit-or-miss cuisine in the Baltic which I would attribute to food access. The Med has a bit better situation for fresh provisioning than northern Europe, but we'll see.

In any event, I'll be off with a digital camera and 64MB of smartcard memory (about 200 shots) and will talk to other passengers about their shore excursion experiences as well. (Kuki, I think one of the most important things we can do is to relay the opinions of others as well as our own).

Certainly Kuki and I will both be among the first half dozen Millie reviews posted. Hopefully many from the 13 Oct cruise will have more to add. To save on expensive on-line internet café time, I plan to take a disk and just save from a word processing program the "play-by-play". As my daddy would say -- there ain't no way I'm takin' a laptop on a cruise.

In comparison to our RCCL and Zenith Bermuda cruises it should be something different........

shack

BTW, due to a quick-turn trip the next day it might not get posted until end of Oct.
Old September 21st, 2000, 10:26 AM
BillG

I heard that the "real story" about the Millennium's vibration is that the ship is quivering in anticipation of Kuki's upcoming visit.;-)
Old September 21st, 2000, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

BillG wrote:
>
> I heard that the "real story" about the Millennium's vibration
> is that the ship is quivering in anticipation of Kuki's
> upcoming visit.;-)
BILL.. ROFL.. can't understand why I didn't come up that line myself. I must be getting old <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Old September 21st, 2000, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi BillG,
I think you right :-)

Donnassei/Sealover