Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2000, 06:47 AM
Passenger

Default Millenium 9/22 sailing

Just returned from the 9/22 repositioning sailing to the Med on the Millenium. We had a wonderful time Don't know what all the complaining has been about. This was our third Century cruise and as usual the food was superiour as was the service. The staff was great and when we had port problems and had to go elsewhere the line did a great job trying to salvage the day. After being on this cruise, however, I'm convinced there are people who will complain about everything.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2000, 10:12 PM
slavearlen

Default RE: Millenium 9/22 sailing

I'm just grateful that we all have the opportunity to enjoy this type of travel. Happy Cruising!
Old September 25th, 2000, 11:58 AM
LovetheSea

Glad to hear it!!! We will be on "Millie" in January to the Eastern Caribbean
Thanks for the comments!
What is the best dinner you had? We have been on the Mercury twice. Celebrity is our favorite line
Old September 25th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Mr BowWow

You paid for an exciting itenerary....all right they couldn't stop at Barcelona...would not a sea day been better than a disorganized day in Majorica? Were you happy with the tender service in VilledeFrance - the first tender had to stop midstream because he didn't know where to go and at the end of the day, no one was on the dock to advise the people to relax that they wouldn't miss the ship.
Perhaps you enjoyed your free day in Livorno...or the opportunity to pay $30 for a trip to Pisa.
Please...try sailing a few other lines to find out how customer service is supposed to have alternative plans ready to run when needed.bev wrote:
>
> Just returned from the 9/22 repositioning sailing to the Med on
> the Millenium. We had a wonderful time Don't know what all the
> complaining has been about. This was our third Century cruise
> and as usual the food was superiour as was the service. The
> staff was great and when we had port problems and had to go
> elsewhere the line did a great job trying to salvage the day.
> After being on this cruise, however, I'm convinced there are
> people who will complain about everything.
Old September 26th, 2000, 06:19 PM
gail adler

Also, did you receive half a dinner when you returned from excursion? I never was on a ship that didn't have a alternative buffet instead of dining room for people coming back from excursions. We would have gladly gone to the buffet instead of rushing to make dining room. Also, was yours among the 27 missing pieces of baggage that is now in Rome? Sorry, this was unexcusable and the assistant maitre de thought so too. Ours told us he was going to look into this unexcusable treatment. He told us there was no communication with the dining room from the excursion staff. We were told that dinner would be 7:30 instead of 6:15 when our excursions left two hours late and not to worry about rushing; but the dining room staff was never told. Hey, let's call a spade a spade. This was not their first time on this itinerary. I had the first clue as to what to expect on this cruise when I asked at the Guest Relations desk "what time we would be passing the Rock of Gibralter" and not one person new what the Rock of Gibralter was. They said "could you spell that for me?" Let's get real!!!
Old September 27th, 2000, 08:15 AM
Yeoman

Hi Bev,
I'm not a complainer at all and usually take everything in stride. But this definitely was not my best cruise. You must have had the 2nd seating for dinner. The staff was great. The TV shows were not in English. They did keep order with alternate ports and the excursions were great until you missed the bus by no fault of your own (we were with one of the tour guides who also was separated). The pushing and shoving in large crowds is what separated us. The bus driver could have gone around the front of the building to get our husbands (the distance was 2 miles). My husband has a heart problem and I'm not a young chicken to run 2 miles to get them and run 2 miles back to find the last bus getting ready to leave. The odors in our room was terrible and we slept with a sheet over our head. After many complaints about the smell we finally gave up. Many people had the same problem. I really think these are legitimat compaints. You just happened to have everything go smoothly on this trip.
Old September 27th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

By the way Bev, if you are such an experienced cruiser, you would know that it is Celebrity Cruise Line, not Century Cruise Line. You said this was your third Century cruise.

I have sailed twice on Chandris before it was Celebrity; and on Royal Caribbean last summer and have always been a happy cruiser. This cruise on Millennium was a total disappointment. She is a beautiful ship but management stinks!! I have never complained before; was always totally pleased with my cruise experiences but this cruise has put a bad taste in my mouth. I hope I get over it, because I have been totally obessed with cruising and now my whole outlook has changed.