Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2000, 03:31 PM
Wayne & Tommie

Default Review of Millennium Sept 9-22 Cruise

We've just posted a very lengthy review/report of this cruise at the Member Cruise Review section of this board (mistakenly posted as by Tommy Dobrowski). Some people have already coined this "The Cruise From Hell," but we had a great time and enjoyed it immensely. In the review we tried to put things in perspective but have to admit that there were a lot of unfortunate situations that arose, some the fault of Celebrity and others beyond their control.

Those of you heading to this ship for the Net Buddies cruise on Oct 13 might find some of the information useful
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2000, 03:53 PM
James M. Perry

Default RE: Review of Millennium Sept 9-22 Cruise

Wayne & Tommie:

Thanks so much for your truly encyclopedic review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your cruise. Before you sailed, I posted a rather nasty reply to one of your posts that I came to regret after pressing the send button. I'm especially shameful of my tone in light of the incredibly useful review you've posted for us.

James
Old October 2nd, 2000, 05:49 PM
cheri

Thank you for the wonderful review. We have never cruised before but are sailing on the Millennium to Eastern Carib. on 2-18-01. Now I know what to expect and won't be surprised if some of these negatives happen. Sounds like there were plenty of positives too. Won't have the shore excursion problems (I hope) since won't be sailing to europe. Thank you so much for your input. We have a guaranteed Category 2B ... did we make a good choice? they couldn't assign us a room number when we made the reservations but TA said there is a good chance we could be upgraded. Whether or not we are, I know we will enjoy our first cruise.
Old October 2nd, 2000, 10:08 PM
hctjdc

Can't seem to find this. Do you click on Ship Reviews? I don't see any Millenium listed?
Old October 2nd, 2000, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_celebrity/millennium1.html>
That should make it easier to find.
Thanks Wayne and Tommie for submitting it.
Regards,
Kuki
Old October 3rd, 2000, 02:10 AM
Mr BowWow

This was an excellent review. What I appreciate most is that they say the same as I did that we had a great cruise...BUT...they then go forth to repeat all the problems. If I was an executive of Celebrity or RCCL and I took the time to read this review which offers insight into the confusion and the feelings of the majority of the passengers, I would at least take the time to issue a written letter of apology for all the problems on the cruise. It is really irrevalent if someone else previously sailed on Celebrity and had a great time or sails next week with no problem...as this poster stated "I don't know if I would sail Celebrity again" from the experiences on this cruise.
Old October 3rd, 2000, 01:47 PM
Admiral

We sailed with Wayne & Tommie and my respone to him personally about the review was WOW. He is very articulate and gave tremendous detail. We had a 2C cabin #6042 (which we chose) and it was great. You can rest assured that at the very least you will get a cabin located within the 2B area. If you are given an "upgrade" besure to check out the floor plan before you accept it as some 3's were not in as acceptable ship postion or had the same amenities. You can do without a VCR on a cruise, but a verandah sure is nice to have. We used ours a lot this past cruise.
Bon Voyage
Old October 3rd, 2000, 01:53 PM
hctjdc

I checked back today & the review was right where I expected it to be (but wasn't yesterday)--Just click ship reviews. Thank you so much for this review. We were bumped from Millie & chose the Mercury, 3/23. From your review & the other comments on this board I know we made the right choice for now. We cannot cruise as often and some of the negatives in your review would also not play well with us Even though item by item they were not major disasters, enough small negatives if there are enough of them, can bring down the experience. . The Mercury has always been met with high approval ratings and we are looking forward to it. Hope the spa prices remain affordable as this is a big part of the trip for me! We also agree that some of the "older" ships might better suit us so for the next cruise we're thinking Crown Princess or something like it.. Any feedback?
Old October 3rd, 2000, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

What a great review. It included the 'good, the bad, and the ugly.' What I've been reading is a lot of 'bad and ugly.' In fact, my husband and I considered cancelling our Infinity trip on 28 Feb 01. Now we are looking forward to it again. We got a good deal (price) and understand just like anything else new, there will (not 'may') be problems and glitches. Since we're not expecting perfection, we plan to roll with the punches, have a good time, and ignore the constant complainers-you know who you are!
Old October 3rd, 2000, 10:02 PM
Mr BowWow

Elaine...go on your cruise and you will have a great time if you are dedicated to having a good time...but please don't insult all the people who have stated that they had a great cruise but are critical of Celebrity for all the errors on this cruise.
Just remember if your cruise is not the six star cruise Celebrity is attempting to sell but one of constant avoidable silly errors, perhaps the great price will justify poor quality. The taste of poor quality remains long after the bargain price...try re-reading this review a 2nd or 3rd time...they are experienced cruisers...not constant complainers...and this review is a warning of problems at Celebrity.
Old October 4th, 2000, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Mr BowWow wrote:
>
.and this review is a warning of problems at
> Celebrity.

I'd like to think it's a warning of problems with this particular ship, and hopefully for us, on that particular sailing. I'll be on the ship next week, and it'll be interesting to see if they've managed to solve some of the problems that have been mentioned.

I think all the cruise lines have their moments of horror in dealing with customer problems, and that's one of the reasons I don't profess to have a favorite cruise line. None of the lines I've sailed are truly consistent enough to deserve that kind of loyalty from me. But, perhaps that's for the best... Makes me want to try them all!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old October 5th, 2000, 09:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

Kuki,
Thanks for your statement about all cruise lines not being consistent enough for you to have a favorite...which makes you want to try them all.
Bless you for saying that, with all the negative stuff possible, I guess it's like life, you are truly affected by your expectations and how you perceive situations.
If you are expecting perfection, you will definitely be unhappy. But something still makes me want to believe that it will be that perfect 'dream cruise'. I now know that if it happens, we will be vvvvverrrrrrrry lucky.
I am a first time cruiser and will be on the 10/23. I am a picky person and appreciate and recognize 'good service'. I guess this sets me up to be disappointed right off. I am 'gobbling' any and all review info so that I know what to expect. And then just pray that these things wont happen to us. At the same time, reading all the positives (some) and negatives (which are not lacking) is helping me to be realistic with this whole cruise experience.
Anyway, it's exciting anticipating it (whatever will be will be!). I don't know if the only dream cruise will be the one that I am in now! hee hee

I just hope that I won't be one of those people who come back and write a catalog of the horrors of my cruise and swear that I will never go back to Celebrity again.
One of the things I've got going for me is that I don't have anything to compare the Millennium to.
Que Sera Sera,
Thanks again, and awaiting your next onboard review!!!!!
Jill