Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2000, 11:28 AM
LovetheSea

Default What hotels in Fort Lauderdale does Celebrity use?

My husband and I are going on the Jan. 21 sailing of the Millennium. We are letting Celebrity arrange air and hotel. Last time we cruised out of Lauderdale on the Mercury we got our own air and hotel. I would really appreciate it if you would let me know what hotels Celebrity uses?
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2000, 01:16 PM
hctjdc

Default RE: What hotels in Fort Lauderdale does Celebrity

I have the same question. According to the brochure, it isn't any of the ones used for the two day prior program..I guess it's whatever is available to them at the time, but there must be a group they choose from. I'd also like to know if Celebrity checks you in for the cruise at the hotel like RCI does. That way you just check in at the hotel, get your onboard credit cards etc. and take the bus to the pier where you board without any lines or delay. I'm sure this will not be happening w/ Celebrity from what I have heard but would like the benefit of hearing what others have experienced in this regard. Thanks.
Old October 6th, 2000, 03:21 PM
cheri

I would like to know the same thing. Experienced cruisers with Celebrity, can you tell us? thanks.
Old October 6th, 2000, 06:48 PM
hctjdc

Well, I have the answer to part of the ques. I e-mailed Celebrity Cust. Service about the check-in process before the issue of hotels came up. They are very efficient at responding, Anyhow the reply is SORRY, no hotel check in in Ft Lauderdale , only possible at Port Everglades. We are still sticking w/ Celebrity Air, transfers & hotel (just in case they cancel us again) but without the Captain's Club I expect we will be on line. Hopefully Mercury won't have too chaotic a check-in....Guess we were spoiled by Royal Caribbean! When you find out the hotels let me know but I think it will be random. It's funny but with all the hype about the excellence of Celebrity so far we just haven't seen it!
Old October 7th, 2000, 05:46 PM
trvlcarib

The 2 times we used the air/sea with Celebrity they put us in the Airport Hotels. 1st time was the Sheraton and 2nd was the Hilton. Both clean and easy to get to. Had restaurants in both of them. Hope this helps
Old October 8th, 2000, 03:08 PM
hctjdc

Thanks for the info. Could you provide a bit more ? Do these hotels have pools? And what was the general procedure in terms of getting to the hotel from the airport, did you have control of your luggage or was it held by Celebrity overnight, and how did they handle the transfer of passengers to the ship on the next day.? .Was there a long wait to board?. The beauty of in-hotel check-in was to avoid any airline glitches, being able to start the vancation as soon as you arrive in port and avoiding any delay at the pier. We are committed to this trip now after the Millenium cancellation (credit was not transferrable to RCI).but can't believe how much better organized RCI seems to be at check in..
Old October 8th, 2000, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Am at a bit of a loss.... why don't you check with your t/a? He/she ought to be able to get you the information without too much difficulty before too long. No mystery here. Ernie
Old October 10th, 2000, 10:14 PM
trvlcarib

Yes, both hotels did have pools. Nice ones too. If you did purchase the air/sea program, a Celebrity rep will meet you at your gate at the airport. Your luggage should be good until the next day. (considering you tagged it). They will stuff you onto a bus and shuttle you to the hotel. Then the next morning they should give you a time that they will pick you up to go to the pier. Hope this helps you.
Old October 11th, 2000, 10:20 AM
LovetheSea

Thanks for your help! I have been through this before with other lines. It is too far out. They say they won't assign us a hotel until we get our air. That is usually a few weeks before the cruise. I always feel better when we book ourselves. Last time we stayed right on the beach! But just in case the cruise is canceled, we thought this would be safer?