Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Is it safe to go ???

Ok!! only 5 days to go before we leave for Milan, my question is it safe? with all the things that is going on over in the middle East. I'm very concerned!!!! I would hate to cancel this trip, but! if the things continue to heat up over there maybe another trip would be better, even though we lose allot of money by doing so. Is Millie still take its side trip to Turkey??? Please if anyone has any info, or concerns please reply. I don't care to waste my time on rumors or anything in that nature.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2000, 06:06 PM
Carole Dunham

Default RE: Is it safe to go ???

Celebrity isn't going to let their multimillion dollar baby, plus their passengers and crew get into harm's way. They will be monitoring the situation in the middle east VERY carefully. Remember the last time a cruise ship got into trouble because of terrorism was the Achille Lauro and how many years ago was that. I know that before that incident, passengers' friends could come aboard for sailing parties. In the old days of transAtlantic sailings, may friends of passengers went ashore with the pilot since they simply couldn't stop partying. No more. Go and feel secure that you will have a great cruise. Let Celebrity worry for you. Your job is to enjoy yourself, and I hope you will.

Carole
Old October 14th, 2000, 06:47 PM
AR

We're going on the same cruise, leaving Tuesday for Venice.

As is always the case, anything can happen, but probably won't. We intend to go and have a wonderful time. We cancelled a trip once to Europe because of terrorism near where we were going, and regretted it later.

I intend to be prudent in all I do, but those who foment terrorism and hate also win when people like us cringe in fear.

I suggest you go and meet us in the bar for a drink.
Old October 14th, 2000, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you!! I know in my heart we will be ok, but sometimes there always a little doubt. After I wrote this posting I called Celebrity and the US Embassy, and a friend that is in the airforce, I know I can get carried away a little (). THey all send about the same thing, plus I think it help talking to a friend who is in the airforce, since this base is always on 24 hours alert,(Whatever that means). Any way we are going to go and have a wonderful time, we leave on Wed and arrive in Milan on Friday then we are heading to Venice for a couple of days prior to the cruise. I'm now excited, but running with my head cut off, since I have not started packing or planning on what to bring. THank you for the reassurance that helped!! We should catch up for a drink that would be great!! Have a safe trip, and have a wonderful time.
Jen