Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Default Captain's Table

Looking for any tips or advice regarding the captain' table. We have often seen pax dining with the captain on past cruises, but can never figure how they got there. When we have approached said pax later, they shrug and seem mystified as to how they were invited. So we wonder if anyone can tell us how to get invited to dinner with the 'Master', on the Millie.
And is it a thrill?

Post Edited (04-22-03 00:30)
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2003, 10:33 AM
Kellie

Default Re: Captain's Table

we dined several years ago on the Century. Before the trip I reserched about the captain and found out he loved chocolate. So we purchased some nice gormet truffles and left it with the purser for him. The next day we had a invite to dine with the Capt.
We had a great time! Try it!
Kellie
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There's quite a list of reasons why people may be invited to dine with the Captain.
- recommendations from head office regarding VIPS - agents with large groups onboard, media, long time repeat customers, suite passengers etc.

On Celebrity cruise line the Social Hostess has a great deal to do with "assisting" in the choices as to who's invited. If she finds passengers who seem interesting and pleasant, and believes they'd make good company for the Captain, they'll normally be invited.

We've dined with Captains on a number of different lines (likely because of my cruisemates affiliation rather than winning personality and good looks<G>)
I've heard some people describe the experience as stuffy. In our experiences, except for one exception, I've found the Captain and fellow dinner guests to be jovial, and quite entertaining.

Old April 23rd, 2003, 12:25 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone for shedding your tips. We will certainly make a point of saying hello to the social hostess. But seeing as we are not VIP, first-time Celebrity cruisers, and not rich enough for anything other than run-of-the-ship inside cabin, we'll have to rely on fate.
However, Kellie has an interesting strategy. What a great idea and obviously it worked!
But Kellie, how does one research the captain? Does Celebrity provide bios on their masters on their company website?
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Kellie

Default Re: Re: Captain's Table

Actually I believe I posted on a newsgroup asking if anyone knew the name of the Capt of the Century and someone who did responded. They clued me in that he loved chocolate! Good luck on your trip. You'll have a blast even without sitting at the Capt's Table!