Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default millie the 10/23rd cruise

My husband and I just returned from our cruise in Europe, and I just wanted to say we had a wonderful time. I started coming to this sight right before our cruise to receive some info regarding the ship, and I have to say there were times that I thought we made the wrong choice on going on this ship, but I'm happy to say it was a Great Choice. This is my 5th cruise this year only, and the most enjoyable one (we cruise about every three to four months).
Yes there was viberation on the ship, but not all the time and really it was not that bad. We had the late sitting for dinner and that is when we noticed it when we left the different ports, now I'm sure for those that had cabins in the back of the ship it was not a good thing, but my feeling is that the viberation problem was well known and people could change there choice in cabins if this would be a problem to them. Second I would like to tell all that we had a great cabin on the sky deck with a huge balcony very nice room we were very pleased with our choice in the cabin area.

Anyway I'm not going to give a big review in details, because every area was wonderful. Including the shore tours and trust me we took all the long ones 8 to 10 hour ones, yes we were tired by the time we got back to the ship, but my view is most people go on this type of a cruise to see different areas of the world so I would hope everyone would realize that the tours are intense.

For those who are taking a cruise like this, have a wonderful time, and go on your vacation with a postive attuide, and make your own judgement, I can say that everything I read that was bad about this cruise I never encountered, but I also went with the thought we were going to have a great time.

There was one thing that really bothered me and that was how we Americans act!! shame on us!!! How dare we go into another country and behave they way I saw some Americans behave. We must remember we are guest in there country, and we should behave like we are guest. Several times I heard people saying terrible things to the staff and to the people in differnet ports, and making RUDE comments about them and their Country. They should be ashamed of them selfs!!! We wonder what is happening to the younger generation with their lack of respect to others, well they learn from us adults!!! Insults are not needed nor do they ever solve a problem one may be trying to deal with, so I will go out on a limb and say please remember your manners, and be grateful that we are lucky enough to see different parts of the world, remember there are people out there that never leave there own home state because they are unable to. Enought of all this Just to all of those who are going on a cruise have a wonderful time, and enjoy yourself and be thankful that you are able to take so such a wonderful trip.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2000, 03:12 PM
travler

Default RE: millie the 10/23rd cruise

Jen,
Your comment "...I also went with the thought we were going to have a great time" was great! My wife and I are taking the 5/31/01 12 day to the Med on Mille. Also have found a couple others going, too (Hi, Kellie). That's our attitude, also. THANKS!
Old November 8th, 2000, 09:39 PM
NJmatt

Jen,
Thanks for your nice comments on the Millenium, I was going to do the
transatlantic to New York but had to back out the last minute due to a medical condition which I have since learned is Sciatica. There will always be other cruises for me to go on but I am glad I did not as my heart was not
in it,but thanks for giving a "first hand" persons account of what is going to be a truly great ship for Celebrity.

As for Americans being rude,thats nothing new,and I guess thats where the
term, Ugly American came from. Like you said,Americans are guests in other countries and We as Americans should be polite to others there as they would expect us to be here,thanks again,you made my DAY!
Old November 9th, 2000, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think both of you will have a wonderful time!!! I told my husband that I want to plan a new trip on that ship. She is a beauty!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 9th, 2000, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I know I'm going to be criticized for this, but we were on the Millennium on the 9/22 cruise (west Med). We also had a fantastic time, but I was appalled at some of the rude passengers on our ship...and this is where the criticism is going to come in...in EVERY case, the loudest and biggest gripers and whiners on the ship seemed to be from the New York/New Jersey area. I was truly embarrassed when I went on excursions and if something wasn't to their liking, they were inevitably the first to gripe about it - to anyone around who would listen - and even to those who didn't want to. Now, I'm not saying that all New Yorkers on the cruise were rude - hardly, I met many lovely people from all over, including the New York area- but it did seem that the most obnoxious passengers were from that area. And how did I know that? - first, from their undeniably New York/Jersey accents, and secondly, they didn't hesitate letting everyone know they were from New York and New Yorkers don't put up with ____and ____ (fill in the blank). Even people from New York whom I met on the cruise noticed this phenomena as well and were embarrassed about it.

What is up with that?
Old November 10th, 2000, 11:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie

We were on the 10/13/00 Milly cruise and toured with the "Cruisemates" group, except for 2 tours booked thru the ship. We are from NJ (about 20 miles from NYC).
First, the ship, the service & the food were wonderful! ALL of the people who were in our group were great & they were from about 10 U.S. States plus Canada. I did not hear one of them being rude to anyone in the countries we visited !
On the ships tours we were also with people from various States, Canada & European countries. I did not hear any rudeness from them. Nor did I hear it or experience it from locals !
As with people visiting the States from other countries----there may be a language problem. Learning a few necessary words like "grazie, merci beaucoup & hola" goes a long way in Europe !
On our many Caribbean cruises is where I heard rudeness to locals in the Islands ,especially the French islands, & sometimes, visa versa ! ---- Not only from New Yorkers, but other states, as well.

I take offense that people from NJ are "clumped" with people from NYC or Long Island ! True, some of us commute to NYC and are influenced by the City, but NJ is a State apart & much more rural & relaxed.

Hope you have a great relaxing trip---we did! Natalie
Old November 10th, 2000, 11:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie

Oops! Sorry, you didn't!
Old November 21st, 2000, 02:44 PM
hctjdc

FYI, Long Island is NOT NYC, not by a longshot...........