Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2000, 03:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shore Excursions-Eastern Caribbean

Apologies for asking these questions again, just want to be sure we know what we're doing.

We're sailing on the Century, Dec. 2nd and plan to make our own arrangements for snorkeling at Chankanaab Lagoon, in Grand Cayman. We have our own snorkeling gear so don't want to buy the ships excursion package. If memory serves me, I think that booking independantly on shore was approx. $8 cab ride and then entrance fee of $10 per person at the "gate". Is this correct? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, we'd like to arrange our own excursion to Stingray City in Cozumel. I think it cost $ 25 per person to arrange on shore. Is this correct? Who do you see on shore to book this? I'd like to know I'm making arrangements with an established organization not just "someone who'll take my money and run".

Lastly, since we arrive in San Juan late in the day, there's not as much time for sightseeing as I would like. This will be our first visit to San Juan and any recomendations or experiences on which excursion to take would be helpfull. We think this would be a good place to book one of the ships excursions.

Thanks for any info on the above. I appreciate any advise offered.

P.S. Will be getting my tickets on Tues., so don't have a copy of all the shore excursions & the prices offered by Celebrity in front of me yet.
Ashley
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Shore Excursions-Eastern Caribbean

We sailed out of San Juan last year at Christmas and stayed there for three additional nights after the cruise. If all you want to see is the Old City area--shopping in the small shops and touring Fort San Cristobal--you probably won't need to book a tour--just do it on your own.

We did the Barcadi Rum factory tour from our hotel and enjoyed that. I'd like to do the rain forest tour (El Yunque) the next time we go to San Juan.

Celebrity's website has links to the shore excursions offered on each island. There are no prices, however, and I noticed some difference between the ones listed in the book and on the website.

Jack
Old November 13th, 2000, 06:21 PM
Carole Dunham

You've got things a little mixed up. Chanakaab is in Cozumel and Stijgray City is in Grand Cayman.

Carole
Old November 13th, 2000, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ashley,
Actually all those tour sound perfect, although Sting Ray City is in Grand Cayman, not Cozumel. Hope you enjoy everything!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 14th, 2000, 12:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

I thought I had it right, thanks for getting me staightened around.

Can anyone answer my questions regarding the costs and how to arrange a self tour to Chankanaab Park & to Stingray City?

Thanks again,
Ashley
Old November 30th, 2000, 09:40 PM
hctjdc

This sounds lke a Western Carib Cruise????