This my 10th cruise overall, 4th on Celebrity, which may not make me an expert, but I feel I can give a decent review of a ship or cruiseline.
The millenium transatlantic (Nov 3 - 18, 2000) cruise was an excellent experience. The ship offers lots of elbow room to move around without running into fellow passagers but still offers Celebrities unique personal service. It wasn't perfect but I would, and will, do it again. Here are some specifics, keeping in mind that the service and entertainment, as usual, was excellent.
1) The pre-cruise lunch was well done without the initial stress of waiting in long lines, which is typical of RCL.
2) The spa is wonderful. Try the aroma therapy garden. Just the perfect finish after a message. If the ship never stopped anywhere, which it didn't during the 7 day transatlantic portion of my cruise, it would be worth the fare to utilize the spa. Truly a floating resort. Ask for Dale and the hot and cold stones. You can't do just one treatment.
3) Micheal's Club was pure class. As a cigar smoker, it gave me a quite refuge to smoke a "Mac" and drink a Grande Marnier and reflect on my "kingdom".
4) Platinum Lounge had a resonably priced Champagne selection. The Cavier was reasonble too.
There were negatives also:
1) The internet service was a RIPOFF. Once you swipe your room card, the charges begin. In other words, you begin paying even though your not on the internet.
2) In same criticism can be made about the Olympic Dining Room. Overpriced wine, overworked staff (poor service), too few courses compared to main dining and too bright of lighting in the main portion of the dining room. Celebrity is trying to do too much with this ship feature. Not worth the extra $12/person. I hate to say it but, Norwegian has alot better alternative dining.
3) If you're overseas, forget any help from the ships "bank". It's a bank with no money, which is dumb. How do we exchange Lira, Francs or Dollars?
4) Not a big chocolate selection for desserts. This is odd considering the french influence of the chef.
Hope this will help whoever reads this review.
Virginia Beach, Virginia