Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Rick Mayo

Default Summary of Millenium Transatlantic Nov

This my 10th cruise overall, 4th on Celebrity, which may not make me an expert, but I feel I can give a decent review of a ship or cruiseline.

The millenium transatlantic (Nov 3 - 18, 2000) cruise was an excellent experience. The ship offers lots of elbow room to move around without running into fellow passagers but still offers Celebrities unique personal service. It wasn't perfect but I would, and will, do it again. Here are some specifics, keeping in mind that the service and entertainment, as usual, was excellent.

1) The pre-cruise lunch was well done without the initial stress of waiting in long lines, which is typical of RCL.

2) The spa is wonderful. Try the aroma therapy garden. Just the perfect finish after a message. If the ship never stopped anywhere, which it didn't during the 7 day transatlantic portion of my cruise, it would be worth the fare to utilize the spa. Truly a floating resort. Ask for Dale and the hot and cold stones. You can't do just one treatment.

3) Micheal's Club was pure class. As a cigar smoker, it gave me a quite refuge to smoke a "Mac" and drink a Grande Marnier and reflect on my "kingdom".

4) Platinum Lounge had a resonably priced Champagne selection. The Cavier was reasonble too.

There were negatives also:

1) The internet service was a RIPOFF. Once you swipe your room card, the charges begin. In other words, you begin paying even though your not on the internet.

2) In same criticism can be made about the Olympic Dining Room. Overpriced wine, overworked staff (poor service), too few courses compared to main dining and too bright of lighting in the main portion of the dining room. Celebrity is trying to do too much with this ship feature. Not worth the extra $12/person. I hate to say it but, Norwegian has alot better alternative dining.

3) If you're overseas, forget any help from the ships "bank". It's a bank with no money, which is dumb. How do we exchange Lira, Francs or Dollars?

4) Not a big chocolate selection for desserts. This is odd considering the french influence of the chef.

Hope this will help whoever reads this review.

BON VOYAGE!!!

Rick Mayo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2000, 02:57 PM
beryl

Default RE: Summary of Millenium Transatlantic Nov

Booked on Meditterrean cruise in May, 2001. So, how did you exchage dollars for local currency?
Beryl, Fl.
Old January 1st, 2001, 02:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie

We enjoyed the Milly from 10/13-10-23/00 on a western Med cruise. We've been on 12 cruises & found the Olympic restaurant worth the $12/pp fare.
We usually sail on smaller cruises, but liked the Milly----space per pax was great!
Old January 1st, 2001, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We sailed the Millennium in the fall, western med., and never had any problem exchanging currencies on the ship. Each port we'd exchange $20-30, just to get us going, and any left over bills we could then exchange back to US back onboard.

Possibly because Rick's cruise was a transatlantic they didnt keep sufficient amounts of currency onboard.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old January 2nd, 2001, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Beryl, I purchased $50 US worth of 4 major currencies through AAA for one flat $5 fee. You can call your local office and order over the phone, but give them a week for delivery to the office where you can go in and pick it up. You can also buy your American Express Travelers checks there too. Maximum total can be up to $600. Our med cruise stopped at 9 ports/6 countries so I bought Italian Lira, Frence Francs, Spanish Pesatas and Dutch Guilders. We took ship's tours in many major ports and only needed to obtain more Guilders as we stayed overnight in Amsterdam. The daily lines at the ship's bank were always long so be prepared is my motto. Carry US$1 & $2 bills for tips in foreign countries; they usually love it! Try not to bring too much"foreign change" back with you as they do not like to exchange it so you will have some souvenirs for the kids~
Bon Voyage